Virus on Zopo speed 8

simi2000

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I did factory reset on my Zopo speed 8 (zp955) and i found foreign app. Its name is Fotaprovider. I can not deactivate or uninstall it.

I am just afraid is kind of malware. I need to know if is safely to use phone now, because I want to use it to paying.

Can I remove without rooting? Can I claim warranty?

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
For situations where you have system apps that cannot be uninstalled without rooting, I suggest you install a no-root-required firewall app like NetGuard. A good firewall app will give you granular control over individual apps where you can separately allow/block cellular and WiFi connectivity. In this particular instance if you've blocked all access for that Fotaprovider app then it cannot send or receive anything, no matter if you're using your mobile data or any WiFi connection. The optimum way would be to be able to remove any garbage apps completely but at least with a firewall you have control over what does or does not have any online access. (Just don't get over-zealous and block off things that you need.)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=eu.faircode.netguard&hl=en&token=2H8FXNne

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's worth noting that "fota" stands for firmware over the air. So this app is presumably how the phone would get system updates. If you get rid of it, you'd have to look for some other way to update the system (if an update is available).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke