OK I was using 5.1 before and it was fine. But this version is useless. I have used linix and writing to any directory was as easy putting in a password. I can't put any program that need to create a download or library folder in kodi I even put the marshmallow app to fish the permissions. And why do I need to have permission to do what ever I want a simple password would be great do need master profile or something? I have tried setting up extra and int.

Int. Storage it useless as they is nothing short of adding a ssd drive fast enough. Ext. Storage never let's you write to it. I am using a smart tv box that has been rooted. I spent days just to find the wallpaper I down loaded and had to buy file manager to do that any os that can't manage it own file Is do do.

So what this os's malfunction?
    What good is putting a class 10 sd card when it not good enough. And as Ext storage you can't write to it?
    05-10-2017 08:59 PM
    I have been setting up kodi 17.1 and and I can't make folders or save files to my sd card. I only do so on int. Memory. I bought a SanDisk 32gb class 10 card to expand me internal storage but android complains it's to slow. This Zgody smart tv box x96. I was reading about this issue and it seems that is useless feature!

So I formatted it for ext. Storage but but nothing but my ES pro file manager is the only thing that can write to that.

My neXT thought was to buy a 32gb ssd drive and I have 2 bay dock that I thought I would use with sd card as int. and a 1tb hard drive as ext.. but I don't want to invest so much to not have that work either.

Do I need to root this unit. It came loaded and was supposed to be jailbreak I have had to do factor reset 2 times because I have no place to save my backup.

I must have rebuilt kodi 5 times, now I have a great setup all but this storage problem. I need to get all my setup data saved.

I have superuser. App that was built in the rom. I it would just ask every time I need it like linix does I would fine instead of just not letting make a folder or failing to back up.

I installed titanium back up it look intense. Any help using that would help but I have so many hours in this setup I don't want to lose it.
    05-11-2017 12:09 AM