Samsung Tab A issues with free hotspots

cbweisbrot

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Took new Samsung Tab A to Greece - connected to airport wifi fine, but refused Internet connection as signals from the airport indicated possible fraud site.
Layover in Munich - connected fine.
Thoughts? Why connect to one and not the other?

cbweisbrot

May 27, 2017
Visit site
I checked and it said (at the time, as I am no longer in Europe), that I was connected to airport wifi, but when I tried to get onto Internet, I was refused, apparently on grounds of security issues.
But when I had a layover in Munich, I was able to connect to Munich airport wifi AND got on internet as well.
I was wondering how to bypass the security issues Samsung had with airport security. I seem to remember it said something about not being secure and someone could hack you. But I would think that would be the issue on any free wifi site.
I had the same non-connect issue on a ferry between Greek Islands, but it turned out that, although I WAS connected to the ferry's wifi, I needed to buy a password. But the same screen showed - at the airport with free wifi, and on the ferry, needing to purchase password.
Any thoughts?

A17

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I sometimes have issues signing in to these hotspots when using chrome. Have you tried using the samsung browser?

cbweisbrot

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Yes, A17, I WAS using Chrome. This tablet was less than a week old when this happened, and I am a new Android user.
It never occurred to me to use the Internet Browser in the apps, since the chrome link was on the desktop.
It might possibly have been a message from Google, but I am not sure.
If it happens again, I will try that suggestion