I have A Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Marshmallow OS.
    I would like to set Okay Google from any screen. The link is there. When I try to turn it on, a pop-up gives me a description and I tap Yes, I'm In - but that's it. It goes no further.
    As I understand it, I am supposed to say Okay Google 3 times for voice recognition,etc.
    I am able to access Okay Google from the Google app and there is also a Google audio search app I can use, but I would like to use it as described, from any screen.
    My Google app gets automatic updates, so I am pretty sure it is the most recent version.
    Suggestions?
    06-03-2017 01:15 PM
    First thing would be, are you using S Voice? That is known to interfere with Ok Google. As you can do voice searches I would think voice recognition would be okay, but there is a Retrain option in the Google App settings, I would try that. Only other thing I've got is maybe a security setting that is not allowing you to open screens with voice only. Sorry don't have a definitive answer for you, but I did find exactly the same thing from 2015 with this fix:

Update, I went into settings then device manager then "all" apps to find the Samsung push app. Once found I pressed uninstall and it deleted the update (but of course it will not fully delete it). Then I restarted my phone.
    The black mic is back once you goto the screen with the Google search widget. And it works on that page.
    06-03-2017 01:47 PM
    Thank you PJRed- The Retrain option is there, along with the Delete option, but neither work when tapped.
    This tablet is less than a month old and I am new to Android. I do not know what S voice is, but I am pretty sure that is not the issue.
    My problem seems to be that From Any Screen option is there, but I cannot turn it on. While Driving turns on, but not From Any Screen.
    The black mic is on my pop-up keyboard and I can search verbally on Google search from both Chrome and Samsung Internet. I can also OK Google from the Google App AND the Google App also has a voice search button I can use, but I would like to say OK Google from any screen and have it respond.
    06-03-2017 04:31 PM
    Thank you PJRed.

I can also OK Google from the Google App AND the Google App also has a voice search button I can use, but I would like to say OK Google from any screen and have it respons.
    You're welcome, but wish I would have solved your problem. The only other thing that comes to mind is that your tablet is, for whatever reason, not compatible with From any Screen. Hopefully one of our more experienced folks will chime in and have a solution for you
    06-03-2017 04:35 PM