I am using android 6.0 on Sony xperia. I have been using Google Calendar for 6 months to sync with Outlook on PC using Akruto successfully.
    Now when syncing I get the message that Exchange Services has stopped working.
    I can still sync tasks and notes with PC and mail with an Outlook account on Internet.

Reviewing previous posts suggests this is a problem from a year or 2 ago!

I have uninstalled Exchange Services expecting to be able to find the app to re-install, all expect an outlook.com, or similar account structure.

Where can I get the original Exchange Services?
    06-09-2017 05:53 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Exchange Services should be a preinstalled app, which means you can't completely uninstall it. You may have just uninstalled all updates and reverted it to the factory version. Try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and see if you can find Exchange Services there. If you find it, tap it and see if there is an Enable button.
    06-10-2017 02:07 AM
    Thank you for the prompt reply.
    I have been into Apps, looked at those that were enabled and those disables Exchange Services no longer appears. I could not find a Show System option under System>Apps.
    I distinctly remember being given the option to delete Exchange Services. Previously I had tried disabling the service and then enabling it. No success.

I am not sure where Exchange Services come from, I assume from what you said it is part of Android. If it is has there been a recent update that requires all email structures to be nnn@mmmm.com or similar as Akruto has created sonyxp@192.168.1.77 to sync between the PC and my phone?
    06-10-2017 03:08 AM
    That sounds unusual -- in my experience, Exchange Services is a preinstalled app. You could try using the Xperia Companion to do a software repair (but this will wipe the phone): How do I perform a software update or a software repair on my smartphone or tablet? – Sony Xperia™ Z3 Compact support (United States)

I'm not sure what you mean by requiring all email structures to be nnn@mmmm.com -- that's standard. The device name that Akruto created might just be Akruto's own name format (i.e., [device name]@[local wi-fi IP address]).
    06-11-2017 05:28 PM
    Still unsure how I managed to uninstall (screw up) exchange services.
    Akruto did use an address with a local IP address as you suggest. When trying to use Outlook I could not get it accepted.
    Since than I have done a Software Repair on the phone while a little hesitant to do it all went well and I have a working phone which syncs fine with Akruto (Outlook tasks, contacts and Calendar).
    All sorted thank you.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-15-2017 03:03 AM