cant see the files transferred from pc to android 6 tablet

MidnightVisions

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have a duplicate of all my data that I put onto my Lenovo tab 3, which I am using as a reader to store magazines, book and other technical documents. I am changing my filing system to name and date but my PC hard drive was corrupted and I had to get another hard drive and reloaded windows. I can sill access the data I need to finish the changes later.

The problem I'm having is android thinks this is another computer and won't let me see what files I have already transferred onto the tablet. It seems android only allows each computer to see only what that computer transfers to the device.

This is a complete hindrance and absolutely not what I want. Since I also started to use my laptop to transfer files, I need to be able to see everything that is on the tablet and not have everything segregated by device.

When I plug in the tablet it is set up as a multimedia device for easy file transfer (so the instructions say)

What do I change so each computer can see everything that is on the tablet?

thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It shouldn't matter which computer you use. Have you tried using a good file manager app on your tablet, like Total Commander, to make sure those files are still on the tablet?

Also, which tablet do you have?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463