Hello,

I have a duplicate of all my data that I put onto my Lenovo tab 3, which I am using as a reader to store magazines, book and other technical documents. I am changing my filing system to name and date but my PC hard drive was corrupted and I had to get another hard drive and reloaded windows. I can sill access the data I need to finish the changes later.

The problem I'm having is android thinks this is another computer and won't let me see what files I have already transferred onto the tablet. It seems android only allows each computer to see only what that computer transfers to the device.

This is a complete hindrance and absolutely not what I want. Since I also started to use my laptop to transfer files, I need to be able to see everything that is on the tablet and not have everything segregated by device.

When I plug in the tablet it is set up as a multimedia device for easy file transfer (so the instructions say)

What do I change so each computer can see everything that is on the tablet?

thanks.
    06-18-2017 03:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It shouldn't matter which computer you use. Have you tried using a good file manager app on your tablet, like Total Commander, to make sure those files are still on the tablet?

Also, which tablet do you have?
    06-20-2017 03:13 PM