How can I transfer a file when it says the destination is the source, even though its not?

BrandonBELB365

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I am trying to transfer a file, I've tried doing it over usb and bluetooth, and tried transferring it to a flash drive that i can plug into my phone, but when i try to transfer the file I get the message: Error detected, The operation is not permitted in current folder. Destination folder cannot be subfolder of source or be same as source.
My phone uses Android 6.0, the file is on an sd card which i set as storage to save and transfer files. I am trying to move the files to a flash drive that I plug into my phone, which is supported because I see the flashdrive in my storage menu. Since that didn't work I tried transferring the file over bluetooth to my laptop, but I wasn't able to do that because it didn't give me the option to transfer over bluetooth when i long clicked the file. I am using the default android file manager, i also tried ES File Manager. can anyone help me? I also tried connecting my phone to my laptop via usb but it is taking forever to detect it, Windows 10 is just saying working on it, and had been for like 10 minutes, finally i just said forget it.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
After connecting via USB to your laptop, power on the phone (if not already), enter your PIN/Password (if necessary), drag down the notification shade from the top and tap on the notification which will say something about USB connected. Then tap the file transfer option. At that point, your phone should show up in Windows Explorer.

Another option (though not really necessary) is to install Airdroid on the phone. Get it (the free version) at the Play Store.

BrandonBELB365

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Okay thank you that worked, but I am still having a problem with moving files around on my phone. If I want to move a file on the sd card to a different folder then i still get that message even though the destination folder is not the same folder, infact i don't even get a chance to choose the destination folder, when i tap copy or move file it gives me that message even though I haven't even gotten a chance to choose where i want to move the file.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers