I had changed some of my mp3 files' embedded cover/album art images and edited their tags, such as contributing artists, on PC but these changes don't reflect after copying those mp3 files to my phone, the Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro with Android Marshmallow 6.0.1.

I tried deleting some hidden temporary and unwanted files from the phone's storage along with complete data of the music player apps. Then I deleted all the music files from my phone and copied them back when previous method didn't work. I also restarted the phone. But still the mp3s won't update.

This problem is not specific to one app but all the music players such as Shuttle and Samsung Music. The changed cover arts do show up in the file manager but not in the aforementioned apps.

Why is it so? Is there a very secret location where the data of all the music files on the phone is cached?
    06-20-2017 09:28 AM
    Try wiping the cache partition: SAMSUNG A9100 Galaxy A9 Pro (2016) - Recovery Mode - HardReset.info. That link doesn't show the actual Recovery Menu screenshot, but it should be pretty self-explanatory when it shows up.
    06-20-2017 11:24 AM
    Nope. Didn't work
    06-21-2017 09:14 AM
    Is it only cover art that's not showing right, or is it also other tag info?

Is there a "thumbnails" folder in the music directory as well? If so, delete that.
    06-21-2017 11:13 AM
    Tag info also. For example, if I change the case of the letters of a tag, say album artist, from upper to lower, it doesn't reflect in the music players. If I change the value of the tag to something different, it works but then if I revert the same tag to its default value but in lowercase, still it will be displayed in uppercase itself in the music player!

There's only one hidden thumbnails folder which is in the DCIM (pictures) folder and not in the music directory. I keep deleting it periodically. But that isn't related to the music files, is it?
    06-21-2017 01:57 PM
    No, that's not related. Actually, now that I think about it, it would've been a folder called "albumart," not thumbnails.

Which program are you using to edit the tags? I find Media Monkey to be reliable, so see what happens if you use that one.
    06-21-2017 04:38 PM
    I mostly edit the tags from the Windows' File Explorer itself or the built-in tag editor in Shuttle. To change the album arts I use Windows Media Player or Mp3tag. But I think it doesn't matter which program I use to do the editing. It's most probably Android's problem which I am not able to identify. A hard reset might fix this issue but how many times will I do that in the future when I edit more mp3s?!
    06-22-2017 08:59 AM