How to stop annoying low battery reminders?

garybeckvt

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
hello,
I recently started getting new battery reminders. They come up too early (when there is 30% still left) and they have suggestions on how to reduce power use and they basically lock the phone unless I hit "dismiss" or "OK do all". This is a real pain when I'm out running and I only have one hand, or driving, or whatever. And, I don't think I need these reminders that often.
I don't know where these are coming from. They are different than the regular reminders that are just regular notifications.
I need to tweak the setting on these or turn them off completely. I have included a screenshot of them. If anyone knows where I can go to adjust them or turn them off please let me know.

Screenshot_2017-06-23-10-32-34[2].jpg

thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
We've been seeing a number of posts like this lately. They all seem to be on Samsung phones -- is that what you have? Does it happen in Safe Mode as well?

garybeckvt

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
We've been seeing a number of posts like this lately. They all seem to be on Samsung phones -- is that what you have? Does it happen in Safe Mode as well?

It is a samsung S5.

I have been googling it and apparantly some people are saying it has something to do with the Peel Remote app... one of those "features." and if you disable (can't uninstall because it is built in to the OS) the problem goes away. I disabled my Peel app but I have not let it go long enough to see if that solves the problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, keep us updated! It'd be helpful to know, so I can relay that info to others who have asked the same question.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza