Upgraded to Android 6 using factory reset
    Over 8 hours charge drops by 60% with WI FI off and no activity as I was asleep
    Disabled many apps thereafter
    Have not downloaded any updates etc since upgrading to android 6

I am a very light user. mostly social networking and little of 'Google"ing

Today from a 100% charge at 1300 hrs. to 1930 hrs. the battery spes show the following
    Charge remaining 44%
    Screen 12%
    Android OS 1%
    Wi Fi has been on most of the time
    06-26-2017 08:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? What do you mean by upgrading using factory reset?

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.
    06-26-2017 11:57 AM
    B. Diddy:

I have been having terrible luck with the broadband connection as a result of which I have not been able to use the phone in a 'normal' way. As soon as the situation improves, I will be able to use it under normal circumstances. without which the exhibits you have so kindly asked me to send Will not be a true picture of the problem at hand.

In the meantime my phone continues to drain battery rapidly, With your help ,I am confident the problem will get resolved.

Thank you
    06-28-2017 06:50 AM
    No problem, take your time.

When you say you're having terrible luck with the broadband, are you talking about the phone's mobile data reception, or your home wi-fi? If your mobile data signal is poor, that might be one of the main reasons your battery is draining. Poor cell signal causes the phone to work harder to maintain the signal, which increases CPU and battery use. This will often show up in the Settings>Battery menu as increased Cell Standby battery usage.
    Discharged 70 likes this.
    06-28-2017 11:21 AM
    Dear B.Diddy

Here are the screenshots you asked for and an additional one of Battery Doctor. Hope these will help us resolve the problem

The broadband problem relates to cable (physical) fault.
    My phone is a Micromax Canvas-AQ 4501

So much so for my optimism today. Having drafted the mail and taken screenshots, I am unable to attach them. You see, I am all thumbs when it comes to things smartphones or computers.

Can you help me out this once.

Thank you
    07-04-2017 06:38 AM
    Are you using the main desktop browser forum site, or the Android Central app? It's easiest to use the main forum site on a desktop browser, and follow these steps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    07-04-2017 10:46 PM
    Thanks for the response.

Using desktop browser.
    07-05-2017 01:37 AM
    Ok, and are those steps not working?
    07-05-2017 07:46 PM