Update:

The Pro: The phone arrived one day early, spent the evening setting it up, loading many Apps. Also inserted sim and 32GB sd card. It handled it all, the phone ran just a wee bit slow but nothing that would have swayed me.

The Con: There is something odd about the screen viewing. It was severely limited in viewing angle. If you watched a movie, the left end would have to be pushed further forward then the right, by 1.5 inch in order to not have a dark side.

Sooo, it's going back today! I've never had a phone screen viewing angle be so limited.

BLU Grand M with 8GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) Gray G070Q GRAY - Best Buy

This phone arrives Saturday, I never run video games, I do stream Amazon Prime Movies, use Wallet, common Apps for News and Sports.

Other than; this phone doesn't have latest/greatest, what are your thoughts on it?

The only thing that I was worried about was the low 512MB RAM. But I suppose if I'm not running intense games it should be fine.

I also see it's only 3G, but I bought it to use as a work phone, Paid $35 bucks for it, so who cares if it breaks or gets stolen. I will use Maps often too.

It seems to have all normal functions, do you see something horrendous that I might have missed? Thanks!

Could a phone like this be rooted and have Nougat installed, would it be a waste of time due to hardware limits and/or going from Marshmallow to Nougat really won't give it real added benefit?
    07-13-2017 08:28 AM
    I would absolutely not recommend this phone in this day and age. 512mb is going to give you a horrible experience. You can get a blu r1 from Amazon for $60 with 2gb ram. Yes it is more but it would function at least decently.
    EndRacism likes this.
    07-13-2017 09:11 AM
    I would absolutely not recommend this phone in this day and age. 512mb is going to give you a horrible experience. You can get a blu r1 from Amazon for $60 with 2gb ram. Yes it is more but it would function at least decently.
    LOL on me, It's arriving Saturday! Oh well, I'll give a week or two, if it is crap I will for sure follow your recommendation. I appreciate the heads up! $28 plus tax it's no loss.
    07-13-2017 02:59 PM
    Another Question: With 512MB RAM but also 8GB internal memory, does the 8GB Internal memory help beef up large apps running?
    07-13-2017 03:02 PM
    Another Question: With 512MB RAM but also 8GB internal memory, does the 8GB Internal memory help beef up large apps running?
    Internal memory is basically storage for the app. It doesn't help with the ram situation. 8gb internal memory also isn't adequate for most people but the 512mb is the bigger downer of this phone.
    07-13-2017 05:15 PM