Volume 40% louder only on home screen??

BostonSean00

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
I have a ZTE Maven 2 (which sucks btw) and when listening to music the volume is loud when screen is on, and looking at the home screen. The moment I pull the drop down, open the apps menu, or open an app it decreases by about 50 percent. It happens using the stock player, power amp, and others. It happens with the "Dolby audio" enabled or disabled. Any Music based apps (ie, Spotify, Google music) also crash frequently and "skip" whenever I perform any additional tasks. Wtf is up with this? It's crazy annoying and my searches about the volume changes haven't turned up much. I am a Linux Systems engineer so I am diligent about keeping my phone fairly vanilla and clean of crapware. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

(edit) I'm just realized it only happens when using Nova Launcher... I hadn't tested this before because I've *always*used Nova. Using stock android launcher volume remains consistent, but it's consistently quiet compared to nova while staring at a lit home screen. I need the volume increase 😝

Last edited: