the only app on the ZTE Trek 2 HD, K88 tablet, Running Android 6.01, that could allow writing, "Docs", is forcing me to log in to my Google account to work, which I don't want to do, I don't like for Google to be ever-present, hanging over my shoulder! Please give me a list of text editors that work from and to the SD card, i.e. can save edited files back to it, also do not have ads, and do not require undue permissions... (they do not have to be free)... APKs preferred, but I'll log in to the Play Store just to get them, as long as I don't have to keep being logged in while using them...
    Thank you very much
    09-20-2017 11:41 PM
    I don't consider Docs to be either intrusive or difficult to work with. That said, I think "Please give me a list of text editors that work from and to the SD card, i.e. can save edited files back to it, also do not have ads, and do not require undue permissions" is really pushing the envelope when you're asking for help. So, I'll offer this: I went to Google Play store, did a search on "text editor" and got row after row of returns. I would suggest you do the same and research which one you want to use yourself. Good luck.
    09-20-2017 11:56 PM
    Thanks but just the fact of being required to log in to Google just to use Docs, is an intrusion in my view. You never had to log in to Microsoft (at least in the past, ...for many years ! ), just to use Notepad or even Word...

Of course I did not mean for anyone to do a search from scratch! I would only expect users who have actually used the type of editor that I'm looking for, to share their treasure finds...

Thanks for trying to look anyway. I had tried a few of these many editors, after selecting them by their descriptions etc., before posting, but they did not meet the criteria; for instance, had ads so you had limited screen space and knew your activity was being crawled, or they could load a file from the SD card, but they could not save it back to it, only to the internal memory, etc...

This is a worldwide forum, right? There might be somewhere, someone who uses the kind of editor I'm looking for, or has tried several who also did fit the criteria, before choosing one of them. So I'm still hoping for the gems we can all benefit from. We all know that there is way too much grabbing of our data, and we need to be able to work independently, not tethered, if/when that's what we prefer... Thank you...
    09-21-2017 01:51 AM
    WPS office perhaps. Or DocstoGo or Xodo Docs.
    09-21-2017 03:13 AM
    Thanks chanchan05
    I'll look them up. Are they only in the Google Play Store, or also available as APKs you can download to your PC and then install on the tablet from the SD card?
    Have you tried them?
    09-28-2017 02:21 AM