problems with web links in my emails

kuw

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
when i click on a link in any of my emails received, instead of opening in a browser, I get the unwanted extra option to either open or save. I don't want this extra step of responding to this option, but go straight to the web site (i.e.open).
I some one can help it wld be appreciated. I can also upload a screen shot of my mobile, which clarifies above.
However, pls tell me how to upload a photo to this thread

kuw

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
Screenshot_2017-11-27-16-20-11-953_com.android.email[2].png

this is my screen shot

correction: the option I am given here is to copy the link, which i don't want. I want to go straight to open, when I click a link in my email, without opening this option window.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
running Xiaomi Redmi4a on MIUI 8 using the default email application
Never used that phone, sorry. Have you already tried a different email app? Just in case, go to the email app settings and see if there's an option where you can select to use the in-app browser or a different one. Most email apps include this option to make opening web links faster.

This is how this option looks on Gmail, for example.

IMG_20171201_224650.jpg

kuw

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for replying. This is just soooo frustrating. The inbuilt email app "MAIL" works just fine for me, except for this annoying optional window popping up, just to open a link!
I suspect there must be a setting for this somewhere, and if found, the issue would be resolved in seconds. I feel too embarrassed to disclose how long I battled with this (new world) problem.
So, if no one can find a way to tweak this, I either will have to admit defeat or, migrate to another email app and try if that would suit me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000