Wife's Nextbook can't access her Nook books

Chevyone

Jan 2, 2018
Visit site
HI,
My wife bought a Nextbook NX16A8116K PR (Ares 8A Android 6.0 Marshmellow) to access her 600 Nook books. She loaded the Nook program from Barnes and Noble but as soon as she attempted to download a book from her library she got an error message: UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD- A PROBLEM OCCURRED- INTERNAL ERROR: EXCEPTION EXECUTING THE COMMAND.
Over fifty emails back and forth to B&N I got involved and set an email to them saying it seems to me even after a "Factory Reset"(all new apps she loaded are deleted!) She would load the Nook program(also downloaded their"BETA" program) she would get the same error. I told them maybe one of the Pre loaded programs are causing the error. Their response was "We don't know-maybe contact Google" . Is Google running this machine? She tried to delete some of the useless background programs -lots of errors! Is Google like Microsoft for Androids?? I noticed the "Root" info on this site. Will this "root" solve this problem for her machine or does she junk this device.
Thanks in advance and have a FUN day!
P.S. Hoped I picked the correct category below!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know that this will help any, but I checked the Play Store feedback for the Nook app (this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bn.ereader) and see that others have made similar complaints.

In my opinion, the cause is the app itself; it is the responsibility of an app developer to ensure that an app works on every device running a compatible version of Android OS (which, yes, in simple terms is basically controlled by Google).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC