How do I change display and access shared windows 7 folders with 6.0.1 Marshmallow?

locutus1

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
I've never owned an Android device before. I just bought the EM95X. This is for streaming online content as well as videos in a computer on the network. First, I need to vent. The manual sucks. The picture of the remote control in the manual is completely different from the remote in the box, what is described in the manual is different from what I see on my TV and the instructions are non-existent. It doesn't explain how to do anything. Now, I've vented.

Here's all the info I think anyone might ask for.

Hardware:

1) EM95X Android Media Player TV Box

2) Windows 7 SP1 PC

Issues:

1) The display needs to be adjusted because the left and right edges of whatever is displayed are off the screen so I can't see them. The manual says there is a "Display" section in "Settings". I went to Settings on the Home screen. From the top, the first section is "Device". It contains "Network", "Sound", "Apps", "Screen Saver", "Storage & Reset", "About". All of these are mentioned in the manual but the manual puts "Display" between "Network" and "Sound". There is no Display. I went through the entire list and Display is not listed anywhere. I'm guessing I use one of the apps in the "Apps" section after Sound but that list is endless so I gave up.

2) I connected to my network via wifi. I got a message telling me so but I want to access files on a usb drive connected to my computer. The files are videos and are shared through Windows and accessible with my blu-ray player so everything's fine as far as my PC and network goes. So how do I get this device to connect to the Windows share so I have access to the videos in those folders?

Thanks for any help.

pidjones

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm lazy and just use ES File Explorer to access shares on my network. It is free on the Play Store. In ES, go to Network/LAN/ Scan for devices, select the one you want (or enter IP address manually), then select it. For the screen you might need to try your TV's controls to get it all on. China devices seldom have good docs, and NEVER agree fully with the docs.

dpw09

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never owned an Android device before. I just bought the EM95X. This is for streaming online content as well as videos in a computer on the network. First, I need to vent. The manual sucks. The picture of the remote control in the manual is completely different from the remote in the box, what is described in the manual is different from what I see on my TV and the instructions are non-existent. It doesn't explain how to do anything. Now, I've vented.

Here's all the info I think anyone might ask for.

Hardware:

1) EM95X Android Media Player TV Box

2) Windows 7 SP1 PC

Issues:

1) The display needs to be adjusted because the left and right edges of whatever is displayed are off the screen so I can't see them. The manual says there is a "Display" section in "Settings". I went to Settings on the Home screen. From the top, the first section is "Device". It contains "Network", "Sound", "Apps", "Screen Saver", "Storage & Reset", "About". All of these are mentioned in the manual but the manual puts "Display" between "Network" and "Sound". There is no Display. I went through the entire list and Display is not listed anywhere. I'm guessing I use one of the apps in the "Apps" section after Sound but that list is endless so I gave up.

2) I connected to my network via wifi. I got a message telling me so but I want to access files on a usb drive connected to my computer. The files are videos and are shared through Windows and accessible with my blu-ray player so everything's fine as far as my PC and network goes. So how do I get this device to connect to the Windows share so I have access to the videos in those folders?

Thanks for any help.
On my Android box I use it for kodi and kodi has smb (Samba) connectivity built in.
On my Android phone I use fx to access network files but it doesn't work very well on TV. So as mentioned the es Explorer does.

As for the missing display you could check if there are firmware updates as maybe you need that. If not, your TV should also have these options built in. Or reach out the the company and say wtf?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz