How can I remove virus on Galaxy S7 after software update?

anon(10390846)

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
A few days ago my phone let me know that a software update is available, with the update icon appearing at the top of the screen. I downloaded the new version ("marshmallow" appeared somewhere in the name, that's all I remember) and now my phone has a virus which makes advertisement sounds even when my phone is locked and on silent, an extra unlock screen appears when I try to unlock my phone and I get random app advertisements the whole time while I'm working on the phone.
How can I remove it?! Clean Master does not pick up the virus.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like you just have adware on the phone, not a virus.
Clean Master may be that adware.
Take a look at the apps you have installed.

anon(10390846)

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
Clean Master was dormant until I started it again to run the antivirus to find this problem. It also seems like my data is being eaten so I'm afraid it's that virus from last year which stole people's personal info, data, etc. If all else fails I'll just backup my media and restore the factory settings.

anon(10390846)

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
Found the problem, you were right! Adware from some fitness app I installed and I saw people on the Play Store complaining about it too. Thanks so much!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Possibly try malwarebytes or such.
I never acknowledge any popup in my phone, if it tells me that I have updates, I ignore it, go to settings and check there. Sounds like k you got conned into downloading some nasty adware! Poke around in settings... Apps... System apps to see if you spot something that shouldn't be there...
Factory reset may be a last desperate measure if all else failed...
I have Adguard here, no ads, ever.