Android Ver 6.0, further details are uploaded here as screenshot:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=10N...GGKI32b1ucN0bC
    The problem is that the product has a very poor RAM, 512 MB. I have installed a MicroSD card formatted as an internal drive.
    However, the system can't download and install updates any longer. I have tried moving the apps and saved files to the SD card using the app MoveToSDCard. The app has the option of Rooting the Device. But itself doesn't help. It links to external resources, as posted in the link above as screenshot.
    Could you please help?
    Otherwise, this device is a wonderful one! I want to retain it.
    Regards,
    Rajib Bandopadhyay
    Karbonn mobiles user
    02-04-2018 04:05 AM
    Moderators, Pls ignore/delete this post.
    02-04-2018 08:35 PM
    Is the problem that you are running out of RAM (apps that are running die) or that you are running out of storage (disk space)?
    To very different problems.
    02-05-2018 09:24 PM
    Thank you, Mr. Joe, for replying.
    The internal storage is 1.39GB, of which 1.24GB has been used.
    The memory card is not being used by the system.
    I have ample SDcard storage space, of about 32GB. So it must be for the RAM.
    Could you please once again check the snapshots with link earlier? It will illustrate the matter.
    I formatted the Micro-SD memory card as an internal storage device. But that was after I had installed the applications.
    What should I do? Is RAM so important for a smartphone?
    Our computers can run with minimum RAM, if we don't run too many applications at one time.
    I run one app in the smartphone at one time.
    So apps that are running don't die. But the system can't update apps. It reports that it can't update apps. Directs to make more space.
    Only the system applications run in the background over which I have very little control.

In the meanwhile I have learnt how to root my smartphone, tapping 7 times, I became root. But how to unroot the SmPh without any third party app?

Also how to give an application root access, and how to deny it a root access?
    02-06-2018 12:32 AM
    The SD card is for storage. How the phone chooses to use it can be debated.

Some phones support formatting the SD card as internal storage (adoptable storage) while some do not. If the phone is showing the SD card separately from the internal storage, it is most likely has not been converted to internal storage. I would try to do the conversion again with the understanding that it will delete everything that is currently on the SD card.

Your phone has very little storage space to start with. You will most likely not be able to overcome this problem.
    02-07-2018 04:53 AM
    Thank you, once again Mr. Joe, for replying to my query.

Some phones support formatting the SD card as internal storage (adoptable storage) while some do not.
    I want to know as to which phones support the SD card as internal storage? I will buy a new smartphone according to the info.

I understand what you say: that I will effectively have to buy a new smartphone.

Please peruse the above and earlier link once again: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10N...GGKI32b1ucN0bC

and the following files therein:
    (1) MoveToSDcard 20180207 195125.png
    (2) Rooting MoveToSDCard _20180207 at 193748.png
    and the earlier two files such as
    (3) int_stor_SDcard_20180206-194420.png
    (4) Androidversion_20180204-145127.png

The file no.(1) MoveToSDcard 20180207 195125.png, to show that the SD Card shares with the Internal Memory Space, is a result of two snapshots combined.

File no. (2) Rooting MoveToSDCard _20180207 at 193748.png talks about rooting the device. I want to know more about this rooting. Then I will be able to delete the app, Tap and Buy, which has been marked as malicious by Android.
    02-07-2018 09:03 AM
    Using a file browser app, does it show the SD card as a separate drive from the internal storage?
    Your screen shots seem to conflict on this topic.

As for which phones support adoptable storage, this feature seems to be going away.
    Many phone makers never supported it.
    Android 6.x supported it, but 7.x seems not to, if I understand things correctly (not a safe bet).

My recommendation would be to get a new phone with 32 GB of storage minimum. One that also supports an SD card is a good thing. However, at this point we are probably not talking about cheap phones any more.

I cannot help with anything about rooting a phone. I have never needed or wanted to do it, so I have never researched it except to know that it is risky and not simple.
    02-08-2018 12:26 AM
    Thank you for responding again to my query, Mr. Joe.
    ... ... Using a file browser app ... ...
    Could you name a browser that you are familiar with, and one that can differentiate both the storages, please! I will then use that, take and upload screenshots with it in action.

Also, could you advise as to whether it is possible for me to look into my smartphone's Android image and add-remove/customise the applications pre-installed with the customised distribution in my smartphone?

If it is possible, then how?

Could you once again please refer to the Drive, where some more snapshots have been added: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...GGKI32b1ucN0bC
    02-08-2018 05:03 AM
    I like the file browser "X-plore"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atgames.Xplore

Most times the pre-installed software cannot be uninstalled without rooting the phone. However, you can disable the software. If you phone comes with a "smart cleaner" app, there is often a feature to remove "unused" apps; sometimes this will remove the pre-installed apps, too.

Looking at your Google Drive images:
    WhatsApp wants access because that is where it stores the backups of your WhatsApp data.
    02-08-2018 03:26 PM
    Thank you, Mr. Joe, for responding to my query once more :-)
    However, you can disable the software.
    I have. But Android continues to warn me, as the snapshot (in the Google Drive link provided in the earlier posts) Tap n Buy_20180208_170309.jpg has shown.

If you phone comes with a "smart cleaner" app, there is often a feature to remove "unused" apps; sometimes this will remove the pre-installed apps, too.
    What is the exact name of this app please?

Looking at your Google Drive images:
    WhatsApp wants access because that is where it stores the backups of your WhatsApp data.
    But I didn't find a change in my Google Drive because of the back up of Whatsapp data! I access Google Drive independently of Android from my lap-/desk- top computers.
    02-08-2018 09:46 PM
    Even though the software is disabled, you will still get the warning as long as it is installed.

The exact name of the cleaning app will probably depend on the phone maker. On my LG V30, the app is called "smart cleaning". It can be run as a standalone app or launched from the phone's Settings app.

In the web view, WhatsApp creates a special "folder" on the left pane called "Backups".
    02-09-2018 02:45 AM
    In the web view, WhatsApp creates a special "folder" on the left pane called "Backups".
    Yes, thanks! I checked the Google Drive and saw the folder named Backups

I backed up my Whatsapp chats and uninstalled Whatsapp. Installed X-plore file manager which appears to work as Superuser (root) also.
    Then logically, this could help me remove tap-n-buy app. How can I turn ON the root access and then turn it off, using this app?

The exact name of the cleaning app will probably depend on the phone maker
    I understand. Thanks for explaining. I will check and read what is posted about the app.

Could you please check the developer for Smart Cleaning and inform?

There are a few Smart Cleaner app. I searched with "Smart Cleaning app" and got these apps.
    02-09-2018 10:13 AM
    My "smart cleaning" app was pre-installed. It contains no information about the author. Most likely it was written specifically for LG.

X-Plore: If you have already rooted the phone, x-plore can take advantage of those extra features, but it cannot do the rooting for you.
    02-09-2018 11:48 PM
    Dear Mr. Joe,
    Okay, I understand what you say.
    So shall we close this thread then?
    Thanks for helping me with my queries.
    Regards
    02-10-2018 08:50 PM
    Wish I could have helped more.
    Maybe someone with more info will wander by later....
    02-10-2018 10:23 PM