Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 is not updating Marshmallow

-

-

Hi~I live in Germany and I own a Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 and I can´t seem to update Marshmallow.

It´s already been about three months since my last update and I´m still stuck with Lollipop 5.1.1. To be honest I don´t even know if this update is possible on my phone but i heard that lots of other users that use a J3 2016 already received the update Marshmallow. So it´s a bit bizarre.

On the other hand I´ve seen lots of other users that are suffering the same problem as I am. I went on other forums before to see if I could get any advice or help but all the answers were all different from each other and not that certain.

I eather can´t get the update at all because my phone is outdated and has reached it´s maximum update capacity (even though my phone is only two years old) so I think that´s a bit unlikely. Or only certain models or colors can get the Marshmallow update. (Gold,white...) I have a black model J320F so I´m not sure about my phone. Also I read that lots of users say it´s dependend on the country. As far as I know the J3 2016 has already received the Marshmallow update in the US in 2017. But I live in Europe and it´s a bit critical here.

Also I don´t want to hack into my phone and reboot to get the newest update. I don´t want to risk it and damage my phone. Moreover I rather not buy a new phone and rather wait for the official update if it´s even coming

✂ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I hope I can get a bit of advice or help soon and thank you in beforehand! I would appreciate it very much!~
    05-17-2018 03:31 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! According to SamMobile.com, that specific model never got anything about 5.1.1: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-j3/SM-J320F/. Sorry!
    05-18-2018 08:09 PM