HELP! my android device has split the one gmail address into 4

daveaus33

Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
i have tried changing email and factory reset a couple of times as settings started to dissapeare. every time everything synced exactly the same with never creating a back up. now i have 4 default pics. grey.blue.pink.and green. they all seem to hold different data and i cant even find where chrome is syncing. the problem has followed me from device to device. im certain its my sd card which has to go. is there a way to locate and delete the backup and just reset all apps data and start new. also i have been asked to choose between the same two settings app to change ringtone. im certain someone has planted this problem and have probably made it worse. nothing works right. even search don't search right. there's more problems but that's a start. if its another job for a hammer and go back to smoke signals i am not surprised. please any advice will help.

daveaus33

Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
yes i have tried all the normal fixes but there's something i can't find. a third party android app showed me about 100 overlay apps that came from my sd card. i disabled them and made everything work better and smoother but its slowly syncing from somewhere.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? What do you mean that settings start to disappear?

It sounds like some app you installed might be doing something possibly malicious, or at least making the system pretty unstable. You may have to consider a factory reset, making sure not to restore the phone from any previous backup, and being careful with apps you reinstall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae