Backup App for Bookmarks....Lenny 7

T Clarke

Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello I need some help here please, I’m not very familiar with Android. I’m doing a factory reset on a very-slow-to-respond Lenny 4 Plus telephone (Android7).
To do backup I’m using “Easy Backup”, I don’t want to use a Google app, so what I need now is an app to backup Bookmarks. Preferably something basic, without attitude. Obliged if somebody can help me out here .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which browser are you using? The stock one, or a 3rd party one like Firefox? (I'm assuming you're not using Chrome, since you already said you don't want to use a Google app.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're signed into your Google account using Chrome, then any bookmark you save there will be synced with your Google account in the cloud. So after you reset the phone and set it up again with the same Google account, those bookmarks should sync back to the browser.

To be sure the bookmarks have synced properly, open your Chrome browser on your computer, make sure you're signed in with your Google account there, the click Menu>Bookmarks and see if your bookmarks are there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can try something like this: VisiMarks

But if you confirm that your bookmarks are synced to your Google account (by checking the Bookmarks folder in Chrome on any of your other devices), then you can be sure you won't lose them. Data loss from your Google account is exceedingly rare, and it's probably more likely that a 3rd party app would glitch or fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech