Hello, please I've had some trouble trying to connect my android phone to my laptop with my usb chord to no avail. My sibling can connect there phones to my laptop with my own usb and it works for them very well, but when it comes to my phone it only charges, the laptop doesn't even get a beep when my phone is connected to it neither does my phone. my phone doesn't even show the usb options for transferring files, no pop ups no nothing. I've tried almost every solution out there like buying new chords, usb debugging, downloading and updating even downloaded pc suites but still nothing works, i'm really confused. please i do need your help, Thanks
    05-22-2021 10:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? When you connect the phone and swipe down the notification panel, you're saying that you don't see a USB notification there?

Make sure the USB port on the phone is clear of any debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, and a dry toothbrush to clean it out.
    05-22-2021 11:58 AM
    Thanks a lot sir for replying, the name of my phone is infinix hot 5, i've also tried your advise but still the same thing.
    05-22-2021 12:05 PM
    Thanks a lot sir for replying, the name of my phone is infinix hot 5, i've also tried your advise but still the same thing.
    Hi, welcome to AC!

You try different USB ports on the computer?
    05-22-2021 12:11 PM
    The phone's USB connector might be faulty, then. Since it's a 4 year old phone, I assume it is no longer under warranty, so you'd have to bring it to a repair shop. Sorry!
    05-22-2021 12:16 PM