08-02-2016 05:14 AM
47 12
tools
    I've found this app hanging and crashing often.
    I've found that sending a link for YouTube via SMS fails and I have to delete all data on the SMS app and then I'm able to send messages via the app.

I've found issues with the latest Android Wear update and it won't update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2016 03:01 PM
    Multi - window mode , before the slide the notification bar shortcuts , pop- Notifications , Reply messages from their notifications
    03-28-2016 04:08 PM
    What have you found in the N preview so far?-screenshot_20160420-200026.jpgWhat have you found in the N preview so far?-screenshot_20160420-195932.jpg
    Phone app now misscall count as well as highlight caller name in bold in Preview 2.
    04-20-2016 09:45 AM
    I'm annoyed by the lack of an actual "Home" category in Settings. I like to switch between Google Now and Nova on my N6, and I'm used to being able to set one of them as a default launcher in the Home setting in MM but still maintaining the option to pick the other launcher later. With that gone, you're left with having to choose between "Just Once" or "Always" every stinkin' time you hit the Home button. And if you do pick "Always," you have to install a new launcher in order to get access to whichever launcher you didn't pick.

I tried to set Nova as my default launcher and completely lost access to Google Now. When I tried to open the GN app in my app drawer, I got a useless error message telling me that I had to change my preferences in Settings, but tapping on the link to Settings in that message only made the error message disappear.

A minor point for most people probably, but it seems odd that Google wouldn't do more to keep their stock launcher always available.
    I second this. Somewhat annoying when switching between launchers.
    04-21-2016 12:34 PM
    Nova gives you a gesture mode that you can set to access Google Now.
    04-21-2016 01:56 PM
    04-30-2016 01:01 AM
    Bluetooth song issues. Won't go to next song automatically. have to skip then go back manually while in a playlist. Switched back to M and no longer have this issue so it's specific to N. Anyone else having this issue?
    05-07-2016 07:27 PM
    Bluetooth song issues. Won't go to next song automatically. have to skip then go back manually while in a playlist. Switched back to M and no longer have this issue so it's specific to N. Anyone else having this issue?
    I've read somewhere else that enabling the Equalizer fixed that issue in N.
    mrtreitz likes this.
    05-10-2016 11:29 AM
    Nexus 9 have just updated the latest. Its much quicker in loading than Marshmallow but the loading at the beginning still has the bouncing ball bit. Marshmallow was the worst ever android so hoping this to be better. No wonder only 7% have downloaded it. Anyway N seems slick and quick in loading. Not sure how you get the new split screen mode though any ideas anyone?
    J Dubbs likes this.
    05-19-2016 03:21 AM
    I'm annoyed by the lack of an actual "Home" category in Settings. I like to switch between Google Now and Nova on my N6, and I'm used to being able to set one of them as a default launcher in the Home setting in MM but still maintaining the option to pick the other launcher later. With that gone, you're left with having to choose between "Just Once" or "Always" every stinkin' time you hit the Home button. And if you do pick "Always," you have to install a new launcher in order to get access to whichever launcher you didn't pick.

I tried to set Nova as my default launcher and completely lost access to Google Now. When I tried to open the GN app in my app drawer, I got a useless error message telling me that I had to change my preferences in Settings, but tapping on the link to Settings in that message only made the error message disappear.

A minor point for most people probably, but it seems odd that Google wouldn't do more to keep their stock launcher always available.
    You can go in to many launchers settings and "set default" launcher from within there. Nova I know has the option. Additionally, if you go to the install/remove apps screen you can clear defaults from the launcher and that will let you change things too. No need to install a new launcher just for that.
    05-23-2016 02:41 PM
    On Nexus 6P with Project Fi....increased battery drain. Turned off NFC and "OK google" wake. Still worse battery life than Marshmallow.
    05-26-2016 10:29 PM
    Well since no one has posted what N is like on the nexus player, I will. This is just my experience. I couldn't log into Youtube with my account. It was laggy at times. The setting menu only took up half of the tv screen. There was no multi window on the nexus player version of N. Other than that, apps ran like normal and so was the casting.
    05-30-2016 11:59 AM
    Haven't found any of these so where are they? I have Nexus 10
    06-02-2016 01:40 PM
    Had to remove my screen protector was getting black screen when trying to make calls removing the screen protector fix it.
    06-10-2016 09:05 AM
    I just hopped on the N train on my Nexus 6 with Preview 3. Sad to see dark mode is no longer there. Multi window is why i flashed it though. Not quite as good as Samsungs implementation IMO but works great.
    06-10-2016 06:48 PM
    Also very happy to see that most of my layers themes still work as well.
    06-10-2016 06:50 PM
    I know this probably doesn't go in this thread but something new I would like to see come to N is what windows has. The ability to have text read to you while driving and being able to reply to them by voice. I have tried dragon but so for have not gotten it to work like my windows phone did. I think android could get allot of windows users with that one feature.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-10-2016 07:05 PM
    Multi window is pretty awesome, but Samsungs one is better I think, at least at the moment. The joys of the Android market. Too bad that Google can't tighten the reigns a little and require OEMs to update more frequently
    06-30-2016 12:42 AM
    The demo mode turns the clock to 7:00

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails What have you found in the N preview so far?-7631.jpg  
    06-30-2016 02:24 PM
    Once I move to a new OS I quickly forget the old one. I hate being asked to work on someone computer with Windows 7 or phone with Android 4.4. So, some of what I like about Android 7 might not be new.

I like the new notification options and I know that is new.
    I like the ability to change the size of the screen and I'm pretty sure that's new.

All things considered I like Android 7 beta 4 enough I'll tolerate the glitches rather than go back to Android 6, which was also quite good. Now, Android 5, no. I'd probably go back to 4.4 before I'd go back to 5 but then my memory of either is a little fuzzy.
    07-06-2016 05:51 AM
    I've found my 6P drops WiFi, and the phone is more prone to slowdowns (it is a preview, after all). The design is a lot lighter; the notifications are in white and quick settings take up the whole page. I wish Google did a Huawei and enabled swiping down on the fingerprint scanner to scroll or pull down the status bar. Also, the new settings app is really well laid out; it only misses a 'home' screen.
    07-31-2016 04:49 PM
    This is something very awesome feature a way ahead of 'Apple' or Ios.
    08-02-2016 05:14 AM
47 12