Broken apps in N

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Noticed system UI has crashed and restarted a few times since the last update :(

Have you wiped the cache partition from Android Recovery mode? If not, that tends to resolve weird issues that crop up after updates. If so, not sure what might be causing it.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Pokemon Go doesn't work for me on on my 6p. Loads, installs, and even gets to the Niantic slash screen. Then nothing but a dull grey screen. Have tried three times. App description says 4.4-6.0. Maybe an update will fix. Ingress was buggy on the preview as well, had to uninstall that one as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

chrisliphart

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Pokemon Go doesn't work for me on on my 6p. Loads, installs, and even gets to the Niantic slash screen. Then nothing but a dull grey screen. Have tried three times. App description says 4.4-6.0. Maybe an update will fix. Ingress was buggy on the preview as well, had to uninstall that one as well.

Pokémon Go works for me on N now on my 6P. The update for PG yesterday fixed it.

The only app I'm still having issues with is S Health (I use a Gear S2 Classic).

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Lately, Gmail never populates with the mail on my Nexus 9. Program opens, the page dividers appear, but no content ever arrives.

Edit: so it looks like my problem is in exchange services. I deleted and re-added the account and it looped over and over through the 'activate device administrator' setting.

Last edited:

Rocketboy0

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi-anyone having trouble with Here (ex Nokia) maps app on DP5 - works fine on 4, Nexus 6. When I updated, it removed the app, and now I cannot even install it. Assume some kind of certificate incompatibility problem. To strip 5 off and get 4 all sorted again was a project. If others have the same issue, I won't bother. Not having Here Maps is a deal breaker for me as I use for international travel (without roaming charges) as all on-board. Any others having this problem? Thanks.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed that both the Open Camera and A Better Camera apps lock up on my Nexus 6 if Camera2 API is enabled in their settings. The ABC app "viewfinder" image is also hellaciously blurry with that same setting. Unfortunately I don't take enough pix to know if this is a new development or not, but I do know that I did not just enable the C2 API recently.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The optimum app just consistently force closes, si much so I had to uninstall the app. Obviously,just wasn't going to keep it on my phone with that performance!

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if OneDrive isn't updating because of the Chrome OS ability to run Android apps? Conspiracy theory for sure, but maybe.

After the dev preview 5 OTA, OneDrive updated fine. Nexus 9.