2016 Nexus Phone

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Call it a Nexus 5, 5X, 6, 6P successor or whatever you like, but it will be the first device to ship with Android 7.0. Of course, there may be more than one device. So who is going to manufacture it, or them?
I'm inclined to believe the HTC rumours.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
x2 on wishing for Samsung. I'd like to see what they could make these days, with a non Galaxy flagship.

Posted via the Android Central App

They do make gorgeous looking devices, but HTC are also known for good looking phones. Perhaps they might give Huawei another go, maybe making the cheaper handset this year

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see HTC get one device. Sony get another. And if that happens....I'd be taking out a loan for both phones...:D

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... I'm kind of hoping HTC gives it a go. I'm fairly certain that all those mind-numbingly stupid derps that HTC has bungled recently become moot when you slap a NEXUS on the back of the phone, because Google would be the one making those decisions.

HTC needs a) a shot in the arm and b) a kick in the backside. The market is better off with than without them.... more OEMs, more genetic diversity, more competition. Maybe doing a Nexus will nudge them along.

But I think their problem is.... they are filling some mighty big shoes. Huawei slayed it with the 6P, and that's going to be a hard device to top.

fijisiv

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I agree. A little of a, and quite a bit of b. Would be nice to think if HTC and Nvidia got together and used the X1 chip in a device.

Why not an Nvidia phone? Got the Shield K1 tablet and have been super-impressed with support. I was having a problem with "Miscellaneous" eating all my battery. I posted on one of their forums to see if anybody else was having the same problem and somebody from Nvidia Support direct emailed me. He sent me updates, one worked, the next didn't and eventually it ended up in the notorious February update.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Whatever it is, I hope it has expandable memory or at least be available in 128GB, my 64GB Turbo is busting at the seams. A huge battery and wireless charging would also be big for me.