Anyone switch back to MM yet?

BPM2425

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. I used the N preview for a day and switched back. I really enjoyed the new features but some of the apps I depend on every day were buggy. I understand why they say this really shouldn't be installed on your primary phone. I unenrolled and got the OTA to go back to M in about an hour. The issues should be expected on a "developer preview". I am really optimistic for N when the kinks are eventually worked out.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Not yet, only two apps don't work one of which I have a workaround for, the other for now I use my tablet for instead which isn't terrible but not optimal.

leoravus

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting ready to. Under 'storage' it now says I have 2.82 GB of 23.03 GB used. It's the 64 GB version. It also has a couple other bugs.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gone back on my main phone yet. I've found a few bugs, but I enjoy reporting them in the hopes that they'll be fixed and the final product will work out really well.

Posted via the Android Central App

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I went back, moved to N on Saturday and back to M Monday night. I already miss the features of N, turns out the only thing I didn't test was phone calls... Buggy as all get out, had to reboot a few times just so folks could hear me and it didn't last. I'll try again on there next release for sure!

I miss you N! Lol

Flora Swain

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I updated to Android N on Friday and unenrolled it later in the night. I still have not received an OTA to go back to Marshmallow. Even thpugh I have unenrolled out of the beta program, a message flashes across my screen that my device is enrolled into the beta program. Today is Wednesday and I can't stop panicking because some apps do not work. I am scared of the chances of my phone going brick.
I use a Nexus 6 and I am from India. Any suggestions?

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I updated to Android N on Friday and unenrolled it later in the night. I still have not received an OTA to go back to Marshmallow. Even thpugh I have unenrolled out of the beta program, a message flashes across my screen that my device is enrolled into the beta program. Today is Wednesday and I can't stop panicking because some apps do not work. I am scared of the chances of my phone going brick.

Rebooting fixed that issue for me, I got the file right away on reboot.

wrxm33

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
After installing N, first thing I notice is Chrome not working. How can Chrome stop working on Android?? Roll back within 20hrs with a very simple "unenroll program" on the google site. Received OTA within minutes.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
phone calls... Buggy as all get out, had to reboot a few times just so folks could hear me and it didn't last.

Same here. I tried using my backup phone with N as a daily driver for 48 hours and eventually found out it wasn't working as a phone. And since Whoscall wasn't working either, I switched back to the MM phone for daily use. I'll give it another go in April.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
After installing N, first thing I notice is Chrome not working.

Ya never can tell with beta software. Chrome worked fine for me the few times I used it, both full screen and split screen. Then again, I really didn't run into any problems until my second full day of use, so a Chrome crash may have been just around the corner.

CrimsonRonin

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site

I thought you needed to flash back to Marshmallow, I didn't think they allowed you to rollback via OTA (maybe I'm wrong), as it is a Developer preview it's not hard for a developer to flash back to MM.