My signal indicator is different with N on my Nexus 6....not sure if normal (pic)-signal.jpg

The triangle now is always blank and there are three dots underneath. The dots continuously light up white starting with the first going from right to left.

I have no way of knowing how strong my signal is now. Nothing changes. The dots just keep scrolling and the triangle stays gray (it used to light up white showing how much of a signal you have).

Is it like this for everyone else? I'm also on Project Fi. I've made calls so there is a signal.
    03-14-2016 11:10 AM
    Is it like this for everyone else?
    Not for me on T-Mobile. I've got the usual whitened chunk o' triangle with "LTE" on top.
    03-14-2016 11:40 AM
    That's an interesting glitch, if glitch it be. Perhaps it's an indication, false or otherwise, of checking for network signals, either your own network or all networks?

Try downloading a signal strength monitoring app from the Play Store.

Also, you can check your signal strength in Settings, About Phone, SIM Status.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2016 12:49 PM
    That happens to me on Fi all the time when I'm switching between networks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2016 01:36 PM
    What the scanning dots under the blank cellular strength triangle means is that your phone is looking for but not finding cell coverage. And, if your phone doesn't find cell coverage, it will make calls using wifi. You can tell whether you're on wifi by looking at your phone just after you've made a call. If you see your wifi SSID at the top of the screen, then you're making a wifi call. No problem, Fi is fine with making wifi calls. So you don't need cell coverage to make a call (or get a call or get a text or send a text) on Project Fi.

So the answer is yes, I see the scanning dots at the bottom of the triangle when I'm in an area that has no coverage, or where there's no TMobile but there is Sprint. The triangle will scan for a while, looking for TMobile, and then pick up the Sprint signal. That's what it does at my house, where TMobile is uselessly weak, but Sprint is fine. Or I can use wifi calling by putting the phone in Airplane mode and turning wifi back on.

Fun stuff, I really like Project Fi.
    03-19-2016 06:01 PM