05-26-2016 07:05 PM
37 12
tools
    I just put N back on my Nexus. Bluetooth to my Fitbit works and so does my Navy Federal banking app. Shibby!!

But for some reason I can't set another launcher as default. Am I missing something here?
    05-22-2016 06:36 AM
    I just put N back on my Nexus. Bluetooth to my Fitbit works and so does my Navy Federal banking app. Shibby!!

But for some reason I can't set another launcher as default. Am I missing something here?
    I'm running Nova Prime with no issues.
    05-22-2016 06:54 AM
    I'm running Nova Prime with no issues.
    Hmmm. I can't find the Home setting and I can't go into either one of my Launchers and set them as default.

Well, I tried once before to go into the Holo Launcher to set as default and it didn't work, and then once to go into the ASAP Launcher to set as default and it didn't work either. Now it did. But there's still no Home setting in the Settings app.
    05-22-2016 07:28 AM
    Go under apps then settings gear in the corner. You will find the home setting under there.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-22-2016 08:32 PM
    Hi all. I have an itchy trigger finger, but I'm resisting the urge to install the beta (on a 6P). Your comments here sound mostly positive, though.

Have any of you had any problems reverting back to stock, when needed?

Reference:
    How to Install Factory Image on Nexus 6P

Thank you.
    05-24-2016 09:27 PM
    Hi all. I have an itchy trigger finger, but I'm resisting the urge to install the beta (on a 6P). Your comments here sound mostly positive, though.

Reference:

Thank you.
    Google has made it a joke to switch back. No need of flashing images at all. Just head over to https://www.google.com/android/beta - There select opt-in. Once you do that it comes as an OTA.

Want to go back to MM? Simply opt out from the same link and it gives you another OTA for latest version of MM.

It's that dead simple. You an of course opt to do it via the standard flash images way or use the nexus toolkit, but i have gone back and forth 3 times so far, without any issue.
    TBolt likes this.
    05-25-2016 02:28 AM
    I was considering switching back to Android 6 but even as a beta, N works well enough and has attractvie features sufficient to keep me using the beta. I really like having the options on notifications for responses. That's great. I also like being able to change the size of the screen. Now, if I could just get my widgets to adjust accordingly.
    05-25-2016 08:33 AM
    Warning! Reverting back to MM will wipe your device. Make a backup before enrolling. Once enrolled the update prompt is rather quick.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-26-2016 10:50 AM

Reference:

Thank you.
    As with others, seems pretty foolproof to go back if you find a deal-breaking bug in the beta because the rollback is given via OTA (that wipes your phone's data data. If all goes wrong, the great thing about Nexus devices is that you can easily flash it back
    05-26-2016 02:50 PM
    When I got my Nexus 5x, my update from Google worked just fine. Apps, contacts, calendar, WiFi passwords, email accounts, all of it came back fine. I'm guessing if I went back to Android 6 I could do the same thing but I'm pretty happy with the Android N beta. No big problems and some nice new features.
    05-26-2016 03:05 PM
    Is the Chase Bank app working in beta? I use Quickpay feature alot, if that's working I think I'm making the jump too.
    05-26-2016 05:53 PM
    I have the Chase app and it works fine on my 5X on N.

NEXUS 5X on AT&T
    05-26-2016 07:05 PM
37 12