10-10-2017 06:50 PM
29 12
tools
    TL;DR: 1) I have a considerable email-arrival delay despite disabling battery optimization anywhere/everywhere on the phone, 2) individual VIP contacts will not trigger notifications, but who email domains will.

I found my way to this thread because I installed Nine on my Galaxy S7 that came with 7.0/Nougat. I rooted it because I HAVE to have/use Titanium Backup - if Google and/or phone mfgs would give us most of the capabilities of TiBu, I likely would not need to root my phones. Rooting this S7 was more of a pain than all of the times I rooted my S3 and S6 *combined*

Anywho.. I too have that annoying issue with the mail taking it sweet time showing up on my phone. I have my old S6 connected via WiFi, its version of Nine is up-to-date, and it still get email from both of two, different Exchange servers darn near instantaneously.

THE REAL REASON I took to the Internet to Google "Nougat Nine Folders" (no quotes) was to see if anyone else is having problems with their VIP contacts not sounding the notifications. If I configure entire email domains instead of specific addresses, the notifications alert as expected/designed.
    Can you elaborate how you did this? I do see under setting there is a "VIP" option. What did you exactly?
    09-01-2017 12:55 PM
    Just came to say that I have been having this issue for past couple of weeks.
    I disabled battery optimization for the app and changed few other things.
    Nothing seems to help
    09-02-2017 05:42 PM
    so I switched back to Touchdown and have no issues. Calendar syncs and my emails are push. Nine still does not work. So it's not my office server but the nine app.
    I have had a NIGHTMARE of a time with Nine not pushing new emails to my Note 8 and other previous Android devices like S8+, Note 5 etc...

I have spent COUNTLESS hours emailing back and forth with Nine support and got nowhere slow...

I have ALL battery optimization turned off.
    I have ALL notifications turned on.

Our company uses IBM Lotus Notes Traveler via Exchange ActiveSync. This same email server works flawlessly on ALL iOS devices.

Nine has told us its our server. If it's our server why does the Outlook App work perfectly fine on the Note 8 and the Nine App does not?!

Very frustrated with Nine. We give it no stars.
    10-10-2017 06:49 PM
    Just came to say that I have been having this issue for past couple of weeks.
    I disabled battery optimization for the app and changed few other things.
    Nothing seems to help
    Nine SUCKS. Give up friend.
    10-10-2017 06:50 PM
29 12