Anyone else have strange things happen after a call on DP4? I finished a lengthy call and put the phone back in my pocket. A couple minutes later I took it out of my pocket and my wife said "Hey, your flashlight is on". I checked and not only was my flashlight on, but the phone was in airplane mode! I pulled down the notification shade twice to get to the quick settings and turned off the flashlight and deactivated airplane mode. When I dismissed the quick settings, I discovered that my Kindle app had launched.

This odd behavior is similar to what I used to experience in KK and LP but never in MM or DP2 or DP3. It is possible it was caused by unwanted screen taps during the call, but to do all that would have required quite a few and the phone was against my ear the whole time. The fact that I found it in airplane mode is also puzzling, since if that happened during the call, it would have terminated the call. I just tested it and switching to airplane mode during a call does terminate the call so it had to have happened after the call ended.

Anyone else?

Paul
    06-18-2016 05:40 AM
    Sounds like a virus or a hardware failure, try factory reset.
    06-19-2016 03:34 AM
    No offense, but I find it curious that whenever I report an issue, the first response often points a finger at anything except the OS.....

I used to have vaguely similar issues like this going back to ICS and continuing off and on through LP, on multiple devices (Atrix 4G, Moto X). With MM (Nexus 5) they mostly vanished and DP3 was flawless. I have very few apps installed and nothing at all changed from DP3 to DP4.

DP4 was a sideload of the OTA file so performing an FDR is not a bad idea. I may do that "just because". But if is required to fix this issue, then there is something wrong with the upgrade process. And isn't that one of the things we are evaluating?

I opened an issue on the bug tracker and if it happens again I'll try to have the presence of mind to capture a bug report. I tried searching for other reports of similar issues but it is difficult to encapsulate it in a way that is searchable.

Paul
    06-19-2016 06:34 AM
    That could possibly be because a lot of people are using the same make and model and the same OS without having that problem.
    06-19-2016 12:36 PM
    That could possibly be because a lot of people are using the same make and model and the same OS without having that problem.
    I get that. But at the time I reported the issue, DP4 had been available for what, 3-4 days? Not a very long time to discover all the possible issues. It COULD easily be the OS.

In any event, I am going to do a FDR without restore for good measure and see if it happens again. I hope it does not, since DP3 was absolutely flawless and squashed the last remaining spurious battery drain after network switch that remained from MM. I even considered going back to DP3 but if N is going to be a great OS, we all need to wring it out. I just hope Google is paying attention.

So far, N has been the Android version I have always wanted.... I just wish it was available for my good old Nexus 5. The 5X is a good phone but it is just a tad too big for my tastes.

Paul
    06-19-2016 02:32 PM