OK, so what is the secret to getting the notification shade to stay down after swiping down on the lock screen? I've tried just about everything and it seems pretty random... sometimes it stays down and sometimes it just slides back up again.

Every time I think I have it figured out it proves me wrong.... again

07-09-2016 03:41 PM
    I have learned that if you pull it down too quickly, and/or don't pull it down far enough, it will close.

Hope this helps.

NEXUS 5X on AT&T on N DP4
    07-09-2016 07:14 PM
    That might be part of it but it is not the whole explanation. I have tried slow, medium and fast, and partial as well as full pulldowns. Slow and full seems to sometimes work better but other times it still won't stay down. Ditto for the lock screen unlock swipe.

07-10-2016 06:13 PM
    Interesting..... on a whim, I set up fingerprint recognition (I had been using a simple swipe to unlock). And discovered that once unlocked via fingerprint, the notification shade works perfectly each and every time. Far FAR better than it did before I switched to fingerprint unlock.

Swiping the notification shade down while locked is still as flakey as ever, though. Very hard to get it to stay down. Ditto for swiping away a notification on the lock screen..... very hard to get it to swipe away.

07-13-2016 03:49 PM
    Hey Paul,

Interesting that you tried fingerprint unlock - that is how my device is set up - I never would have thought that would make any difference.

NEXUS 5X on AT&T on N DP4
    07-13-2016 05:41 PM
    You made me question my observation so I deleted the fingerprint unlock and tried using just swipe unlock.

With swipe to unlock configured, it is very difficult to get the notification shade to stay down on the lock screen. Once unlocked, the notification shade works fairly reliably.

With fingerprint unlock configured, the notification shade will usually stay down once swiped from the lock screen. It does seem better than it is using swipe to unlock but not 100%. It works 100% once unlocked.

So I dunno...... there is definitely an issue with the notification shade (and also other swipe type actions). And I THINK using fingerprint recognition helps, even though that makes no sense. But I am no longer 100% certain there is a connection.

07-14-2016 07:50 AM