08-18-2016 07:27 AM
45 12
tools
    I have my 6p running latest developer preview 5 and battery seems fine. Did the regular ota download and everything.

On a side note, I wonder if there's a difference in battery life running developer preview 5 on the 6p vs the 6 regards of screen size, and battery size though.

Here's a screenshot of what my battery looks like so far.
    07-25-2016 10:58 AM
    I wonder if there's a difference in battery life running developer preview 5 on the 6p vs the 6 regards of screen size, and battery size though.
    Certainly seems reasonable since the N6 display is bigger and all of its components are a year older.

One thing I find odd is that both battery life and Bluetooth connectivity have improved on my Nexus 6 about a week after the DP5 OTA. The battery thing seems understandable given the size of the OTA, but the BT thing seems spooky.
    07-25-2016 11:50 AM
    I mean I'm not Sure if people here are complaining about the battery life on developer preview 5 with the 6p or the older 6. I mean again, mine is good , and the Bluetooth car connectivity finally improved as to where it's usable again.
    07-25-2016 11:57 AM
    I'm not Sure if people here are complaining about the battery life on developer preview 5 with the 6p or the older 6.
    I've read battery life complaints about both the 6 and the 6P as well as the 5X either here on AC or on Reddit.
    07-25-2016 12:46 PM
    Mines fine so far at least. As everyone has asked, possibly try uninstalling the last app you installed right before or after the update
    07-25-2016 12:49 PM
    My phone is using Android Marshmellow but it is already draining like no tomorrow, not sure if upgrading to Android N will make it worse..
    07-25-2016 07:25 PM
    Battery stats aren't advising so far of apps using the battery. Running this on a Nexus 6. Worst performance of battery I've ever seen on all releases since day one of Nougat being available

Posted via the Android Central App
    Same here on the Nexus 6. I thought maybe my battery was going bad, but looking online i think it is just the beta. Battery goes from 88 to 42 just watching a 40 minute youtube video. Pokemon go drains the entire battery in just over 1 hour
    08-13-2016 09:49 AM
    Yea mine drains STUPID fast
    08-13-2016 09:51 AM
    So just let it die completely and recharge? I normally charge mine at anywhere from 2%-15% and let it charge from like 95% to 100%
    08-13-2016 09:53 AM
    Hopefully the higher version of android, the lightweight performance
    08-15-2016 04:48 AM
    As the title suggests, just installed the latest update and my battery is now going to be empty in 3 hours.

When I installed the update I was at 91% and it's now at 60% in an hour.

None of the versions prior have had this issue ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted via the Android Central App
    Maybe the phone is still adjusting to the new OS. know from the Blackberry side, every time we load a new OS the battery life isn't great for a couple days but then it picks up and works wonderfully. Maybe there are some process working in the background you don't know about. If only you had DTEK
    08-15-2016 12:16 PM
    Again, with my 6p and developer preview 5 on it, my phones battery has been fine. Although Nougat should officially be coming out soon regardless.
    08-15-2016 12:34 PM
    My Nexus 5x and Android 7 beta 5 are doing just fine. I had to charge my Nexus every couple of days before beta 5 and I still charge every two or three days.
    08-15-2016 01:41 PM
    Maybe the phone is still adjusting to the new OS.
    That was my experience with DP 5. Battery life on my N6 seemed to take a minor hit immediately after the update, but all was fine again within 72 hours or so and after a few top-ups on the charger. Sort of an extended optimization period.
    08-15-2016 02:00 PM
    Welcome to the joys of owning an Android handset. Get used to it! Sorry to say this so harshly, but it's true. You get a nice shiny Android, and all is good. You then receieve a major OS update and battery life goes down the drain. It happened with my G4 and many other people's handsets regardless of make when we updated to Marshmallow.

I can only suggest you uninstall apps you no longer require and allow the phone to settle into the update. It will slightly improve over time.
    08-15-2016 03:18 PM
    Welcome to the joys of owning an Android handset. Get used to it! Sorry to say this so harshly, but it's true. You get a nice shiny Android, and all is good. You then receieve a major OS update and battery life goes down the drain. It happened with my G4 and many other people's handsets regardless of make when we updated to Marshmallow.

I can only suggest you uninstall apps you no longer require and allow the phone to settle into the update. It will slightly improve over time.
    Really? I never cared for my Samsung but then I got a Nexus 5 and was quite happy. I recently bought a Nexus 5x and am running Android 7 and am even happier. You seem to be very unhappy and the variable isn't Android.
    08-15-2016 04:03 PM
    Really? I never cared for my Samsung but then I got a Nexus 5 and was quite happy. I recently bought a Nexus 5x and am running Android 7 and am even happier. You seem to be very unhappy and the variable isn't Android.
    I would never buy anything other than Android. I like it, but do your research on how many others have had battery life problems since updating to Marshmallow. Fair enough not everyone is going to experience this, but it does happen and all too often. But, I do notice one thing and that is you haven't noticed any issues, because you're using stock Android and maybe the key is to go for Google handsets. Saying that I read about Nexus 5 users who have had battery issues.
    08-15-2016 04:10 PM
    As per posts 11 & 18 I fixed it.

As for this is what you get, that's not the case, as I opted to install Nougat, it wasn't forced upon me.
    08-16-2016 05:59 AM
    1. Clear your cache (Settings -> Storage -> Cache)
    2. Uninstall apps that you are not using (just purge and reinstall later if you really feel like you need them).
    3. Reboot your phone.
    08-17-2016 06:05 PM
    Not here, actually I am seriously impressed with the battery life. I was on a Blackberry Passport for past two years which may have the longest battery life of any mobile phone.

We bought two used Nexus 6's and I am flat out impressed with their battery life, about 90 percent as good as the BB Passport and running nougat beta! Combined with Qualcomm Quick Charge these phones and nougat are awesome!

If I could get a BB Priv, stripped of anything BB did to it, stick Nexus 6 guts in it and stick straight nougat on it with PKB operation, and Qualcomm Quick Charge, I'd be like, died and gone to heaven!
    08-18-2016 07:27 AM
45 12