Latest Android N release = dreadful battery drain

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the joys of owning an Android handset. Get used to it! Sorry to say this so harshly, but it's true. You get a nice shiny Android, and all is good. You then receieve a major OS update and battery life goes down the drain. It happened with my G4 and many other people's handsets regardless of make when we updated to Marshmallow.

I can only suggest you uninstall apps you no longer require and allow the phone to settle into the update. It will slightly improve over time.

Really? I never cared for my Samsung but then I got a Nexus 5 and was quite happy. I recently bought a Nexus 5x and am running Android 7 and am even happier. You seem to be very unhappy and the variable isn't Android.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Really? I never cared for my Samsung but then I got a Nexus 5 and was quite happy. I recently bought a Nexus 5x and am running Android 7 and am even happier. You seem to be very unhappy and the variable isn't Android.
I would never buy anything other than Android. I like it, but do your research on how many others have had battery life problems since updating to Marshmallow. Fair enough not everyone is going to experience this, but it does happen and all too often. But, I do notice one thing and that is you haven't noticed any issues, because you're using stock Android and maybe the key is to go for Google handsets. Saying that I read about Nexus 5 users who have had battery issues.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
As per posts 11 & 18 I fixed it.

As for this is what you get, that's not the case, as I opted to install Nougat, it wasn't forced upon me.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
1. Clear your cache (Settings -> Storage -> Cache)
2. Uninstall apps that you are not using (just purge and reinstall later if you really feel like you need them).
3. Reboot your phone.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Not here, actually I am seriously impressed with the battery life. I was on a Blackberry Passport for past two years which may have the longest battery life of any mobile phone.

We bought two used Nexus 6's and I am flat out impressed with their battery life, about 90 percent as good as the BB Passport and running nougat beta! Combined with Qualcomm Quick Charge these phones and nougat are awesome!

If I could get a BB Priv, stripped of anything BB did to it, stick Nexus 6 guts in it and stick straight nougat on it with PKB operation, and Qualcomm Quick Charge, I'd be like, died and gone to heaven!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital