Android Nougat - coming in August?

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree - this is why, when I finally made the move from Blackberry to Android, I made the decision to go Nexus because I had come to rely on timely and frequent updates and upgrades. (In the good old days, BB was superb at software management and taking good care of their customers.)

NEXUS 5X ON AT&T ON 7.0 DP5 - Posted via the Android Central App

Same here!

Posted via the Android Central App

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
They started the developer releases much earlier this time around. DP1 and 2 were alphas and had some problems, but they were pretty good for alpha. DP3,4 and 5 are betas and they've all been good. There has 4 months of testing before DP5 was released and it shows, I've had no problems with DP5 at all. The long public development cycle has given app developers the time they need to adapt their programs to N which means when the official release happens in the next couple of weeks there shouldn't be any surprises. Hopefully the early availability of the code will accelerate the release of N on non-Nexus devices. LG is releasing their new flagship with N a month before the HTC Nexii so that's bodes well for the major manufacturers doing a better job of keeping current.

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I work for a big company that in the UK has 2 of the most popular mobile apps.

I've received an internal communication saying that N is rolling out on Monday to Nexus devices.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae