08-16-2016 06:43 AM
28 12
tools
    This actually looks really good. Hope like GNL it comes to more devices than just nexus Exclusive: This is Google's new "Nexus Launcher" that may debut on the 2016 Nexus phones
    08-01-2016 07:19 PM
    I like the idea of not having an app drawer icon but still having the app drawer. Not a big fan of the calendar widget since my homescreen is the google calendar widget, but not a big deal.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-01-2016 08:00 PM
    I'm actually very excited to have a new launcher to play with. From Google themselves no less. Looking forward to it.
    08-02-2016 07:30 AM
    I also agree. I'm excited to play with Google's new launcher and see what the new home screen navigation buttons look like. The sliding pull tab will be sleek looking and he removal of the application drawer icon will be nice as well.
    08-02-2016 08:38 AM
    I like what they've done with the app drawer (although I'd like it a lot more if I had the option to turn that drawer's background black or transparent). I'm eager to see just how Assistant will be integrated into the design, but, as is, the calendar widget and that inyerface G tab at the top of the display will probably keep me on Nova.
    gendo667 likes this.
    08-02-2016 09:03 AM
    I like what they've done with the app drawer (although I'd like it a lot more if I had the option to turn that drawer's background black or transparent). I'm eager to see just how Assistant will be integrated into the design, but, as is, the calendar widget and that inyerface G tab at the top of the display will probably keep me on Nova.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have Action Launcher ready to go. Not to backtrack, I can't wait to get my hands on a new Nexus (I'm probably going Sailfish) and see what's going on with the new hotness. Can't wait.
    08-02-2016 09:10 AM
    Yeah the new launcher will be nice looking.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/08...tandalone-app/

I quickly tried out the new Nexus launcher and didn't realise that it doesn't completely replace the home screen but is another launcher in tip if the Google now launcher. It seems a bit weird. What does everyone else here think about it?
    08-02-2016 09:53 AM
    Yeah the new launcher will be nice looking.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/08...tandalone-app/

I quickly tried out the new Nexus launcher and didn't realise that it doesn't completely replace the home screen but is another launcher in tip if the Google now launcher. It seems a bit weird. What does everyone else here think about it?
    I was assuming they would stand alone. I don't want Google Now Launcher to go away. I gotta GNL/Action Launcher rotation going that I rather enjoy.
    08-02-2016 08:24 PM
    Oh wow. I'm just using Google now launcher. That's why I was saying that.
    08-02-2016 08:25 PM
    Oh wow. I'm just using Google now launcher. That's why I was saying that.
    I use Action Launcher 3 for dark themes. I look at it like a customizable GNL.
    08-02-2016 08:29 PM
    I'm just literally all stock Google since it's a nexus phone after all. I love it this way.
    gendo667 and ptkelly like this.
    08-02-2016 08:30 PM
    I'm just literally all stock Google since it's a nexus phone after all. I love it this way.
    I run mostly Google apps, except Textra and Poweramp. I compare every phone to my old Nexus 5. Best device I've ever owned. I'm running on a G5 now. With my set up, I feel like this is what a Nexus 5P would have been like.
    08-02-2016 08:37 PM
    I honestly Compare most phones to a nexus phone more specifically the 6p. It's unfortunate that it's such a niche kind of a phone and not marketed correctly for example galaxy or even Motorola, but still...
    08-02-2016 09:03 PM
    I honestly Compare most phones to a nexus phone more specifically the 6p. It's unfortunate that it's such a niche kind of a phone and not marketed correctly for example galaxy or even Motorola, but still...
    Couldn't agree more, regarding the marketing.

On account of the 810, I stayed away from the 6P. Kinda hate that I did since Huawei tamed the processor. I'm jumping in this year, head first. I've skipped the past two years. Can't wait to get back.
    08-02-2016 09:26 PM
    Couldn't agree more, regarding the marketing.

On account of the 810, I stayed away from the 6P. Kinda hate that I did since Huawei tamed the processor. I'm jumping in this year, head first. I've skipped the past two years. Can't wait to get back.
    Yes, as far as stock android especially 7.0 Nougat is concerned, it's a great phone. For once, a nexus device has an excellent camera and a great battery coupled with the extreme doze feature is just awesome! It fits well in the hand , is built solid as a brick. There's not much to dislike whatsoever regarding this phone!
    08-02-2016 10:29 PM
    I started using the new Nexus launcher when it became possible to change the wall paper, however even with the make left home screen Google option on I can't actually get to Google.

Posted with a Moto G⁴ Plus
    08-04-2016 03:17 PM
    That's interesting. Here's another question I've got. Due to 7.0 Nougat and developer options, we can now gave a quick settings time in the quick settings. However isn't it a bit redundant since the Google app gives us updated weather info in the notification shade all of the time?

08-04-2016 04:19 PM
    I'm tempted to try the new Nexus Launcher. Do you guys know how trustworthy this leaked APK is? How do we know it's not released by shady people?

Google Nexus 6P
    08-06-2016 02:06 AM
    I'm tempted to try the new Nexus Launcher. Do you guys know how trustworthy this leaked APK is? How do we know it's not released by shady people?

Google Nexus 6P
    I have been running it the past few days. Seems left and more speedy than Nova Launcher and Nano Launcher on my s7 edge. Odd because Nano was always the fastest but no more
    08-06-2016 05:46 AM
    I tested it. It is pretty cool. My phone isn't rooted so I couldn't make it a system app for the google slider to work, but other than that the only bug was the very top option in launcher settings (can't remember what it was for) but it caused the launcher to fc.
    08-06-2016 07:12 AM
    There's two workarounds that aren't third party apps that you can use. One is to use the new fifth shortcut position you now have in place of the app drawer button to place the Google app icon in.

Another,
    http://www.droid-life.com/2016/08/05...feature-day-1/

With this you get some Google Now functionality every time you activate On Tap. Or, if you can live without On Tap until our beloved left swipe comes back, you can join the Beta, deactivate On Tap in settings and the long press on home takes you to Google Now kinda like the pre-On Tap, swipe up from home used to.

Hope this helps 🤘

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-07-2016 04:39 AM
    I've ran it the whole week without any performance issues or data breaches. I always do these things though. I guess you could say I'm pretty shady myself. 😎

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-07-2016 04:44 AM
    I like everything about the new Nexus launcher except the design of the folders. The new folder design look like OEM launcher's folders.
    08-11-2016 10:51 AM
    I like everything about the new Nexus launcher except the design of the folders. The new folder design look like OEM launcher's folders.
    Actually I like the look of the new folders, and think I'm going to give the new Nexus launcher another try. I just didn't like the fact that it was another app, and most people are installing it from an apk file. I guess ill just have to deal with it.
    08-11-2016 02:55 PM
    Wasn't the App drawer a reaction to having all the old multiple screens, so that regardless of your on screen one or five, those major functions will be handy? With the Google now launcher reducing screens to three max, if you use GN cards. There isn't any need for an App Drawer.
    08-13-2016 09:37 AM
28 12