Google app beta program

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I signed up for the Google app beta program. The most noticeable and obvious reason why you would test this is for the new now on tap feature however it doesn't give you all if the info you want from you're Google now cards page. If I turn now in tap off, then when you press and hold down on the home button, it takes you automatically to the Google now page. That's nice, however there are nice quick location bases shortcuts in the beta version for gas station, and other various things. Has anyone else tried the beta version out yet? I'm still trying to figure out the benefit of using now in tap. I mean when people text me places names it's nice to use it to quickly bring up maps, but other than that I rarely ever use it.

15a5c9cb643ebfd1ce2e49723d0f3f79.jpg

66001ecab93e1188abbcb591bed560e6.jpg

Last edited:

shaunps33

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I like this. I read about in Droid Life and knew it'd be a decent workaround until the new Nexus Launcher is official. I'm using the APK version now, but there's no left swipe yet. Not a fan of third party launchers (though that's essentially what this APK is) as workarounds and, like yourself, don't really use On Tap. At least not as much as Google Now. It's a compromise I only make this time of year. Nexus season.

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The ONLY really problem with this new home screen shortcut is that it doesn't give me all of my Google now cards so I still find myself Swiping to he right for that Google now cards page.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I wound up leaving that beta test group because the Google app also wasn't syncing correctly with my interests and settings. I have also disabled the now on tap feature because I was hardly ever using it anyways. Hopefully the Google assistant will be much more useful that's for sure.

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's also very true. I am back using now in tap by there still isn't much use I get out of it though honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36