Hi,
    Sony Companion can no get access to my phone.
    I just installed the Nougat through Sony Companion. For security I use the pattern based login, now when I try and connect to Sony companion it says the phone is locked, even though I have it open. Anybody else seeing this ?

With Windows phone I could set the SDcard up so the camera would store photos, mp3, videos on it. Plug it into the PC, use explorer, windows had setup directories, camera roll, music, etc. Select photos and copy them to my PC.

Now with the Android phone, I have set the SD card up as portable thinking this would be the best way. But is there a way to get the camera app to put the photos on the SDcard ? How do I tell the Camera app where to store the photos ?
    Is there a specific directory struture that needs to be created ?

Copying photos onto the SDcard do they need to go into a specific folder so Google photos can see it ??

Cheers
    08-12-2016 12:08 AM
    First, I don't think you have Nougat on your phone, you have Marshmallow, Sony Companion only does the latest ROM. Unless you put Nougat on there yourself via the preview program, which is for specific Z3 devices.

I'd suggest removing the security, reboot the phone and then check to see if Sony Companion recognises your phone. Reset your security if things are OK and try again. You need to have your phone unlocked for Sony Companion to recognise your phone.

To answer your other question. You change where the photos/videos are saved in the Sony Camera app. This is typical the way Android works. The app handles where the files are stored. You'll usually find that in Settings.

In the Sony camera app it's the little cog wheel with the dark circle around it. Tap that, tap More then near the bottom of the list there's Data Storage, tap the Internal storage and then change it to SD card.
    08-12-2016 01:28 AM
    I put the developer Android N on Build NPD56N.10000106, definitely Nougat.

I can't figure out how to remove security, going into security I can't see any options to turn it off. Do I have to remove all credentials ?

Thanks
    08-12-2016 03:44 AM
    If you go into Security you should see Screen Lock tap that, enter your pattern, change to None.

Since I'm not running N (I can't I don't have the right model) it may be different.

I went to the developer site and it recommends having the latest Companion. Here's the link - Xperia™ Companion – Sony Xperia™ Z3support(English)

Just thought I'd put that there just in case.

Good luck. As with all preview things, there's bound to be bugs.
    08-12-2016 04:19 AM
    Thanks, theres no none, I can only change it to password or PIN. I'll try one of them and see how it goes.

Thanks
    08-12-2016 04:57 AM
    Thanks, theres no none, I can only change it to password or PIN. I'll try one of them and see how it goes.

Thanks
    Good luck. It's possible they haven't got that part of N setup yet. As it's a preview there's always the chance things are working that well.

I don't mind preview software but you often run into things like this and then you wonder if it's worth it.

How is N anyway? Other than this issue you're having.
    08-12-2016 05:32 AM
    Its my first Android experience so I guess I can't really compare it.
    However, it seems to work well, its pretty quick.
    I think the camera may make the phone reboot, but I can't tell since it reboots in my pocket, and I think its after I have taken photos.
    The split screen I haven't played with, I don't know how beneficial that is at the moment, I'm use to copying and pasting between windows.

My last windows phone I was on the insider ring playing with different builds, kind of fun to have the latest but yeah it can be a pain when things stop working or just hang.
    Anyhoo I'll try and figure out how to reset the Z3.

Thanks for your help
    08-12-2016 05:46 PM
    Ok I removed the security by changing it to swipe, so there's no pattern, pin or password, but sony companion still sees it as locked.
    08-12-2016 05:50 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing PC companion? Some times that could be the problem. Use the link I provided.
    08-13-2016 03:46 AM
    Thanks, yep just tried that, no luck.

I might have to do a hard reset.
    08-14-2016 05:09 PM
    Ok I removed the security by changing it to swipe, so there's no pattern, pin or password, but sony companion still sees it as locked.
    I don't know if you figured this out yet but I now know what the issue was. You just needed to swipe down from the top and change the USB settings to Transfer Files. Then Sony Companion will recognise it.

I feel a bit silly not realising that.
    08-23-2016 08:40 AM