08-29-2016 12:24 PM
44 12
tools
    Just got the download and installed it. Let us know when you get it. My guess is that we beta testers will get it with the first group to be rolled out.
    08-22-2016 02:00 PM
    I've got it but disappointed it see that there's no manual exposure settings for the camera. I read that Google Was bringing that back.
    08-22-2016 02:02 PM
    Installing right now, it's nice that the beta testers get first crack at it.
    08-22-2016 02:43 PM
    Absolutely. I couldn't agree more with you. Literally though, nothing has changed whatsoever. I mean as I keep on bringing it up, I want to see the manual exposure settings for the camera back asap! The navigation buttons being changed a little bit would be a nice tweak as well.
    08-22-2016 02:49 PM
    For me the only noticeable change is that my Kindle app loads much faster now. With beta 4 it was glitchy and sometimes didn't load and with beta 5 it loaded but took maybe 15 seconds. Now, two or three seconds and it runs great.

I moved to another camera app so I could get .dng files if I want. I'm using Manual Camera and so far it works great with Android 7. I tried FV 5 with beta 5 and it didn't work well. I don't know about now because I'm pretty happy with Manual Camera.
    08-22-2016 07:16 PM
    So, basically, there are no changes at all going from DP5 to official N?
    08-22-2016 07:30 PM
    I got it today. It was about 59Mb. So far my gyro seems to be fixed.
    08-22-2016 07:46 PM
    Got it this afternoon. Looks the same, it even has the same cat Easter egg, but that's not surprising, dev 5 was the release candidate so you would expect only minor bug fixes in this release.

BTW I hope they start Oreo betas much earlier, I'm not comfortable running released code, I really like being on the bleeding edge. My computers are mostly running Fedora which is Redhat's dev platform, it doesn't feel natural to me to be running something stable.
    08-22-2016 07:48 PM
    I just wanted that manual exposure camera. I use the Google camera app so it is what it is.
    08-22-2016 08:00 PM
    I'm currently on the beta programme, is the update any different? If it's not any different I won't remove the beta version.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2016 09:16 PM
    I'm currently on the beta programme, is the update any different? If it's not any different I won't remove the beta version.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Actually you don't remove the beta - when you get the official OTA, it simply installs over the beta.
    08-22-2016 10:02 PM
    Apparently if you stay in beta program, you will be getting more preview versions in the near future
    08-23-2016 12:37 AM
    I got it yesterday, still haven't played with it enough to see a difference from the previous beta.
    08-23-2016 06:22 AM
    True there isn't much concrete difference between the beta and the final release that I've found, but the overall system runs a bit faster and smoother and any hiccups with apps has been eliminated for me at least.
    ptkelly likes this.
    08-23-2016 06:50 AM
    For those who are not in the beta program, you will notice a difference once Nougat is installed. There are visual/notification changes and even the Settings screen will display your current option (e.g. the Location setting will display what option you have chosen (GPS/Location/Off) within the Location display frame, so you don't need to tap on the Location tab and go into the Location setting page to see what is currently selected/active).

I've just installed it and will most likely play around with it more later, but if you are on MM, you will notice definite changes after installing Nougat. It looks really good so far!

Edit: I also notice that it freed up some storage space on my phone as well. While on MM, I had about 3.7 GB of storage used (I have the Nexus 5X 16 GB version). After install and before factory wipe, I have 2.83 GB used.
    08-23-2016 08:59 AM
    Here is something else I've noticed...in the final release of Nougat regardless of if you're using the Google now launcher, or the Nexus launcher, if you go into the Google app settings, there's no longer anymore option for autorotation of the screen. Again not too big of a deal but just To mention ! it. Also I'm the Google camera app, regardless of landscape or portrait orientation, even though it's very dim, you can now always see the navigation buttons vs before. Here's what I'm talking about. Also I did finally changed up the screen doing density and zoomed it out quite a bit which adds a lot more real estate to my phones screens. Still usable of course but a lot more screen real estate.

08-23-2016 10:26 AM
    I've got it but disappointed it see that there's no manual exposure settings for the camera. I read that Google Was bringing that back.
    So, basically, there are no changes at all going from DP5 to official N?
    True there isn't much concrete difference between the beta and the final release that I've found, but the overall system runs a bit faster and smoother and any hiccups with apps has been eliminated for me at least.
    Google had already said there wouldn't be much changes between the DP5 and the final version of Nougat. That will be for the maintenance release that will come out when the new Nexus phones are released. I also expect a "major" camera update at that time.

...if you go into the Google app settings, there's no longer anymore option for autorotation of the screen.
    There should be an option by why anyone would want the homescreen to auto rotate on a phone is beyond me. Apps (like YouTube) can auto rotate by themselves.
    08-23-2016 11:35 AM
    Changes to the camera will come when Google updates the camera app, the camera app isn't directly updated by Android updates.
    08-23-2016 11:44 AM

Well before in the Google app settings there was an option to turn home screen Auto rotation on or off, that option is gone. I mean now not a big deal, just saying.
    08-23-2016 11:46 AM
    how do I disable the app drawer on the 5x?
    08-23-2016 12:23 PM
    What do you mean by disabling app drawer? The Nexus launcher has a redesigned up arrow in place of the traditional App drawer. More icons in the dock bar which is a really nice feature.
    08-23-2016 12:32 PM
    dont see it , let me make sure i installed the right thing.
    08-23-2016 01:22 PM
    Any major changes from Marshmallow, or is it all a fuss over nothing?
    08-23-2016 04:34 PM
    Any major changes from Marshmallow, or is it all a fuss over nothing?
    From what I read on the Verge doze mode didn't really changed that much so I think it's pretty similar to Marshmallow. Haven't tried it yet, though.
    08-23-2016 04:36 PM
    Ability to run two apps on screen at the same time, better notifications and quick settings. Also, "doze on the go," where the phone can now stay in Doze while the phone is in your pocket/purse. Before the phone had to be completely stationary to go into and stay in Doze.
    08-23-2016 05:40 PM
44 12