Bluetooth issue after Nougat update

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Since updating to Nougat, my BT doesn't seem to be working correctly in both my car (2016 Mazda 6) or my wife's car (2014 Honda CR-V). The track information and time remaining no longer is displaying and it keeps connecting and disconnecting. Anybody seeing similar issues?

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue, but I'm still on DP5 (Nexus 6). When I first got the DP5 I was able to connect once to my bluetooth speaker, but there were a few problems, and since then i haven't been able to connect anymore.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to determine if it's a BT issue or something else on my phone (6P). I have a BT connectivity through my factory stereo in my car (not Android Auto), and generally I'll stream ESPN radio via the app on my drive in the mornings. Prior to the update it never really seemed to have any issues (other than switching from WiFi to cellular as soon as I was too far away from the house, which I'd have to manually restart the stream playing).......but now after installing Nougat, I'm noticing a couple of things:

1) they seem to have improved the switching from WiFi to cellular data.....hasn't just automatically stopped on me and had to be restarted when it switches radios.
2) I'm wondering if there is a BT issue or if it's something with how Doze is working now that they've "improved" it. Before when I would stream once we got past the initial hiccup, it would stream without any interruptions really. Now after 7.0, it will stream fine for several minutes at a time, but then just cuts out........and it doesn't just come back.......but if I pickup the phone and turn the screen on, I notice the "Stop" button in the notification shade for ESPN radio is spinning and then it almost immediately reconnects. I suppose it COULD be a mobile data issue, but I hadn't really been experiencing it like this previously. Though I will say we did switch to AT&T a couple of months ago from VZW (have DirecTV so was taking advantage of the unlimited data plan option, and honestly a lower total family plan pricing in the end) and we've been experiencing some spotty issues with signal on occasions, but this seems to me a lot more related to my just upgrading to Nougat on Tuesday evening.

This morning I decided I would try to list ESPN in the "don't optimize battery" section and see if that helps to clear things up. If so, I think it's something that Google needs to take a closer look at. if the app is actively being used I didn't think Doze should be kicking in anyway, shouldn't have to be listing it as a not optimized app just to be able to stream with the screen off over BT.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Just updating from my previous post........I did set the ESPN app to "non-optimized" in the battery settings yesterday. On my drive this morning I didn't have it drop out on my a single time like it had previously (other than during the switch from WiFi to LTE which is still slightly annoying), but otherwise the stream seemed fine. I'm going to remove the "non-optimized" tag for the ESPN app again to test and see if in fact I experience the drop outs again, just to try and pinpoint that it's a seemingly Doze related issue vs. being a flukey cellular signal/data issue. More to follow........

Pablo Fallas

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have the same issue my Bluetooth won't stay connected to my car I even did a factory reset and it didn't work.

I connected another iPhone that I have for work and it doesn't disconnect whatsoever, please let me know what else can I do in order to solve this.

boss.king

May 28, 2013
Visit site
All my bluetooth devices connect but they don't seem to connect as strongly. the signla drops on my Jaybirds more frequently. It's really annoying.

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Since updating to Nougat, my BT doesn't seem to be working correctly in both my car (2016 Mazda 6) or my wife's car (2014 Honda CR-V). The track information and time remaining no longer is displaying and it keeps connecting and disconnecting. Anybody seeing similar issues?

I've noticed the track and time remaining missing also. 2014 Ram 1500.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia