Android Update for Micromax Canvas 5 E481

AryanSarath

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have the Micromax E481 Canvas 5 phone. The android version on my phone is 5.1

My questions were?

1. Will my phone get upgraded to Android 7 and if yes, can it be done directly bypassing Android 6 or will it have to go via Android 6?

2. Do I essentially need to root my phone or will Micromax provide the update coz its almost 10 months that I got the phone and Micromax has not provided update via OTA.

If any one knows a definite answers for these, kindly update.

Regards,
Sarath

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't even got Marshmallow (6) I highly doubt that you will be seeing Nougat on that device, ever.

I must also remind you that Nougat coming out right now is exclusively for Nexus and Android One devices. Other devices from OEMs are not getting it yet since the manufacturers need to add their customisations on top of Nougat to then update their existing devices to it.

I don't know much about Micromax and their devices but the fact that I've never heard of this device doesn't give me any confidence regarding whether or not this company will ever even update this device to Marshmallow.

If you're interested in rooting your device for additional customisations (at your own risk), go to xda-developers.com. I can't guarantee that anyone will have done something with your specific model but it's your best bet.