Google chrome

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I know this is going to sound weird, but I recently changed up my screen dpi settings and have!y screen zoomed out almost completely. After doing this, I noticed that in using chrome not only does the browser look like the tablet or full desktop version of chrome!e vs the mobile version, the way it's reformated, but it's rendering on average the full desktop versions of websites vs mobile sites. Some websites won't work such as Facebook, but most websites do work. Here is what I'm talking about. Has anyone else tried this at all?

0f071ef07ccebd1279eecdb561ee85e6.jpg

ba5f824f8b24e2a08a76883e227c62fb.jpg

TGIS

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so I know this is going to sound weird, but I recently changed up my screen dpi settings and have!y screen zoomed out almost completely. After doing this, I noticed that in using chrome not only does the browser look like the tablet or full desktop version of chrome!e vs the mobile version, the way it's reformated, but it's rendering on average the full desktop versions of websites vs mobile sites. Some websites won't work such as Facebook, but most websites do work. Here is what I'm talking about. Has anyone else tried this at all?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160826/0f071ef07ccebd1279eecdb561ee85e6.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160826/ba5f824f8b24e2a08a76883e227c62fb.jpg
I have.
I guess what's happening is you're crossing the barrier between phone and tablet. It seems that small screens(phones) have 599 dp or less, but tablets(large screens) have 600 dp or more. I seem to prefer the tablet layout, however the buttons become too small.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have.
I guess what's happening is you're crossing the barrier between phone and tablet. It seems that small screens(phones) have 599 dp or less, but tablets(large screens) have 600 dp or more. I seem to prefer the tablet layout, however the buttons become too small.
I fully agree with you as well sir! I much prefer the "tablet" layout as well vs the "mobile"layout never thing is easily accessible. The one or the features I like about the tablet mode is that not only can you resize your tabs, you can easily see how many of them You have open, AND you can also read which each tab is without having to press on any buttons. It's just more accessible in my opinion. I've also noticed that, at least for me, in this new tablet mode for the phone, the keyboard is way easier to type on and you don't have to press and hold for different punctuation marks such as question!ark, exclamation point, etc. Again, its the little things that make a difference to me.

TGIS

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I fully agree with you as well sir! I much prefer the "tablet" layout as well vs the "mobile"layout never thing is easily accessible. The one or the features I like about the tablet mode is that not only can you resize your tabs, you can easily see how many of them You have open, AND you can also read which each tab is without having to press on any buttons. It's just more accessible in my opinion. I've also noticed that, at least for me, in this new tablet mode for the phone, the keyboard is way easier to type on and you don't have to press and hold for different punctuation marks such as question!ark, exclamation point, etc. Again, its the little things that make a difference to me.
I have the same opinion. If only there was a way to make some buttons a bit bigger that would be good, because even for me, it seems a bit small, and I have good sight.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same opinion. If only there was a way to make some buttons a bit bigger that would be good, because even for me, it seems a bit small, and I have good sight.
Yeah, I hear ya! I mean I've just gotten used to it. I don't mind the smaller buttons whatsoever. Again, I find that the phone does feel more like a tablet on a good way and is just more functional this way as well. The same goes for apps as well! I also find that when text editing, it you long press and hold on a word vs double tapping on the word, it seems to be a bit more accurate and works faster. The cursor doesn't jump around on you nearly as much.

TGIS

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya! I mean I've just gotten used to it. I don't mind the smaller buttons whatsoever. Again, I find that the phone does feel more like a tablet on a good way and is just more functional this way as well. The same goes for apps as well! I also find that when text editing, it you long press and hold on a word vs double tapping on the word, it seems to be a bit more accurate and works faster. The cursor doesn't jump around on you nearly as much.
I guess it'll be a bit easier for me with my Nexus 6P since it's almost as big as the Nexus 7.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I guess it'll be a bit easier for me with my Nexus 6P since it's almost as big as the Nexus 7.
Yuppers, true that I love everything about the 6p. The battery life is amazing, performance is awesome, etc. I can't complain. The extreme doze feature of Nougat is awesome. Camera works very well regardless of the manual exposure settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21