Swiping to dismiss notifications

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else seem to have a problem with swiping to dismiss notifications in 7.x? It sometimes takes me several tries to do it. It'll go a third of the way and just stop. Then I have to try real deliberately.

This is with the Nexus 6p.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Not crazy but....
I used to have to swipe two or three times. I no longer do. The variable was not with my Nexus 5x or Android 7.

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to have this problem dismissing notifications as well as trying to get the notification shade itself to stay down on older previews. The last couple previews seemed better. But I am seeing it again on the released version of 7.0. Sometimes they can be real stubborn.

Paul

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. I mean I hope we're able to help you out. I've never had an issue with dismissing notifications before though.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok, here (hopefully ) is a short video I just shot on my iPhone of my Nexus. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F181872131&token=uhZEIo5x

Now, I usually swipe with my thumb but I get the same results. Swipe the same way with iOS notifications and don't have the issue. Nor did I with Marshmallow.

wow im not experiencing THAT...sometimes i notice i dont drag far enough to remove the notification, but ive never had a notification not removed or keep coming back. WEIRD.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It's possible that the Nougat update made it less easy to dismiss notifications accidentally. Looking at the video I can see your "swipe" is more of an angled flick so I can see why it might be unreliable for you. While you attempt that you're also pushing the notifications up and down which is probably resetting the notifications place because the software interpreted the slight vertical movement as you scrolling through your notifications.

This is likely due to the new notification settings requiring a short swipe so you will need to swipe more intentionally (and not at an angle) to completely dismiss the notification reliably. I don't have this issue at all since I swipe very deliberately, but that's just me.

I think this more likely by design rather than it being a bug.

husam2277

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Nexus 5X. It is really bad, sometimes I try 5 times to dismiss notification. I thought my phone is malfunctioning.

Note: for me it is much worse than the above video...

Last edited:

pcmxa

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I have been having the same issue on my 5x, even if I swipe very deliberately. Sometimes this effects the lock screen as well. I'll swipe my thumb up nearly the while length of the screen and it will just come back.

syyongo

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Was there ever a solution discovered for this? I'm experiencing the same thing on my Nexus 6P. Although, probably not as bad as what was in the video. I can usually successfully dismiss my notification after 2-3 tries. Still annoying though.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my 6P. I just got the 6P, upgrading from a N5, so I'm not sure if this is a 6P issue or a nougat issue. I have the trouble when the device is locked and I am trying to swipe. Also, it takes me two or three tries just to unlock the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37