07-11-2017 10:45 AM
33 12
tools
    I agree on how Allo is not a true messaging platform. It just lacks the SMS that people in the US States use often. When Google integrates that, then it will be more useful.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    10-13-2016 03:16 AM
    I REALLY wanted to like allo, and i tried. I messaged a bunch of Android and iPhone users and to make a long story short, here's yet another app that i could do merely most of my messaging from, which for me defeats the purpose. I'm tired of this competition for my communications and I'm rooting for Google, but allo and duo both leave much to be desired.
    10-21-2016 02:38 PM
    I REALLY wanted to like allo, and i tried. I messaged a bunch of Android and iPhone users and to make a long story short, here's yet another app that i could do merely most of my messaging from, which for me defeats the purpose. I'm tired of this competition for my communications and I'm rooting for Google, but allo and duo both leave much to be desired.
    Duo is a huge video chatting hit for its simplicity and ease of use honestly. Everyone in my life is on the Duo platform and they love it! I really wanted to like Allo, but I just won't use it until it has true sms/mms functionality. On the other hand though, i just side loaded the Google Messenger 2.0 app apk file for Nougat 7.1.1 from he Pixel phones and that Interface now runs smoother, more polished, and is a bit nicer to use as a text messaging client!
    10-25-2016 10:27 PM
    yeah until allo has sms functionality it really isn't a fair comparisson because they do different things. essentially you are asking chat app vs sms app.

Personally I love allo but its only for a limited number of people that I get to message with it.
    10-27-2016 10:13 AM
    yeah until allo has sms functionality it really isn't a fair comparisson because they do different things. essentially you are asking chat app vs sms app.

Personally I love allo but its only for a limited number of people that I get to message with it.
    Yes, Absolutely. I think the Allo interface is great and all, but just like it's been said already, until Allo gets true SMS functionality, not as many people are going to download it as their main messaging platform.
    y2whisper likes this.
    10-27-2016 03:44 PM
    Allo uses a lot of RAM and power both CPU & Battery!

I find Google Messages aka Android Messages to be smoother and faster and less choppy on my Galaxy S5 Plus over the defualt Samsung app, I also find the general look and feel of the UI overall to be better, The only real thing I like on my Samsung Messanger App is that it allows me to use/paste more media than just video/photo/audio it allows me to use memos, s planner, prerecorded audio (GM only lets use record new audio not use old audio!) and even google maps why does Google Messages not allow users to send Google Map information by text is preplexing!
    02-28-2017 02:14 AM
    Allo is said to be merged into Google/Android Messages late this year to allow a true rival to iMessenger also Allo will be comming to PC's in the next few months, I have no idea if it will stay Allo on PC but my guess is it will!
    02-28-2017 02:16 AM
    Google's Allo App is trying to move one step ahead of all other messaging apps. Know details about it https://www.lifewire.com/google-allo-4097040
    https://www.mindstick.com/Articles/1...-messenger-app
    07-11-2017 10:45 AM
33 12