Just received Nougat update on my Nexus 6p. Discovered no availability of night mode as featured. Spoke with Google support and according to my settings in "about phone" I have only received a partial update. The completion should be within a couple of days or week. Is this typical? 🤔And now I just read that they removed the dark mode feature. Is this true? If so then the update must be complete. I would have preferred a dark theme feature instead.
    09-22-2016 01:04 AM
    Night mode apparently has some performance issues so they removed it last minute. It's not what you think tho it's a blue light filter so everything is a little red. Supposed to help you sleep because blue light apparently throws off your circadian rhythms. Lucky for you if you have a nexus 6p you can enable it because the code is just hidden in the source. Go on play and lookup and app called night mode enabler and after a click of a button you'll have the option in your settings. You can even assign it to the notification bar quick settings.
    09-23-2016 11:06 AM
    Are you all referring to this?

Android N: No night mode.-screenshot_20160925-142545.jpg

Because I still have it. Running build NRD90T with the September 6th security patch on my Nexus 6P and I like it just fine. Keeps my wife from complaining when I start reading the news in bed at 3:00 AM.
    09-25-2016 01:32 PM
    Just received Nougat update on my Nexus 6p. Discovered no availability of night mode as featured. Spoke with Google support and according to my settings in "about phone" I have only received a partial update. The completion should be within a couple of days or week. Is this typical? 🤔And now I just read that they removed the dark mode feature. Is this true? If so then the update must be complete. I would have preferred a dark theme feature instead.
    I can't wait to have it on my moto g4
    09-26-2016 06:17 AM
    Night mode was pulled also but 3rd party enabler available @ play store. But I was really looking forward to the "dark theme" which is a totally different feature. And that to they pulled.😞
    tonyr6 and benjamminh like this.
    09-26-2016 11:28 AM