Did they completely remove the blue light blocking or 'night mode' in the 7.1 beta?? Was one of my favorite features in Nougat, super disappointed.
    10-20-2016 04:11 AM
    Did they completely remove the blue light blocking or 'night mode' in the 7.1 beta?? Was one of my favorite features in Nougat, super disappointed.
    I know, i was really pissed to see that. My suspicion is that Google is trying to make upgrading to the pixel as attractive as possible. I can't imagine any other reason for removing what was also one of my favorite features. Also, why did the aesthetic of the call screen change? Is there something I'm missing?
    10-21-2016 12:23 PM
    I know, i was really pissed to see that. My suspicion is that Google is trying to make upgrading to the pixel as attractive as possible. I can't imagine any other reason for removing what was also one of my favorite features. Also, why did the aesthetic of the call screen change? Is there something I'm missing?
    I'm beyond pissed that this feature was removed. I used it every night to help me sleep. I have issues with falling asleep and this feature really helped. You said that this was to make buying a pixel phone "more attractive" - I'd go a bit further and say they are forcing users to buy a new phone to get the latest features and innovations. This is completely ridiculous. To me the pixel phone is a downgrade from the 6P, without dual speakers it's worthless to me. I was also hoping to see greater improvements in the pixel, like wireless charging, and some water resistance. To me, this move just signals that this is not about creating the best cutting edge smartphone to compete with apple, but only to sell phones. Just like the American auto industry, it wasn't about making good quality cars that were reliable and would last, it was about making money. It wasn't long for foreign car companies like Honda, Toyota and Mitsubishi to realize that they could dominate the American market by offering quality affordable reliable cars that would last. American car companies couldn't compete, and that's why the American taxpayer has to keep bailing them out. Google should reconsider business decisions like these. In a world where there are many, many options for mobile smartphones, they might lose more customers than attract them.
    J Dubbs, aspergerian and tonyr6 like this.
    10-21-2016 09:38 PM
    Mate, I always used the Night enabler mode, whether it was day light, all the time. I loved how the whole phone looked, smooth and buttery and had such a nice glow which excentuated all the other colours. Then last night I joined the 7.1.1 program, and I have not gone to sleep yet for like 20 hours trying all the other paid crappy fake night modes. I'm not saying that the Google night mode actually made me sleep, or may be?? I don't know. BRING IT BACK YOU FREAKING DOUCHES, bring it back, bring back..douches.. lol
    WTF dude, this was the best feature that, bring it back, tomorrow. Tomorrow.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-20-2016 12:47 AM