The default behavior for Nougat seems to be to link the Notifications, Ring and System volumes.

I would like to have be able to separate these, but haven't found an app that works successfully.

For example, I would like to always keep my system volume at "1" to minimize the clicks, pops and random noises while having notifications/ringtones at varying volumes.

I seem to recall being able to this in older versions of Android, but can't find a way to do it any longer.
    12-06-2016 01:36 PM
    So, are you saying that if you go to Settings -> Sound that all three sliders (Media volume, Alarm volume, Ring volume) are linked and cannot be changed independently?

Something is not right then. What device are you using?
    12-06-2016 02:14 PM
    Pixel XL

The three sliders are media, Alarm, and Ring. There are apps I've tried that add notifications and system sounds. But, even if you change them in the apps. They default to being linked as soon as you leave the app.
    12-06-2016 03:11 PM
    They should not be linked and are not linked on my Pixel XL. They are all independently adjustable.

One of the apps you have been playing with has screwed something up. Have you actually uninstalled these apps?
    12-06-2016 03:26 PM
    They should not be linked and are not linked on my Pixel XL. They are all independently adjustable.

One of the apps you have been playing with has screwed something up. Have you actually uninstalled these apps?
    He wants Ring to be split into three separate sliders...
    12-06-2016 06:16 PM
    He wants Ring to be split into three separate sliders...
    Ah, I see.

Best option available right now would probably be to download (or modify/create) some "quiet" ringtones to be used for notifications, etc. and/or use a particularly loud ringtone for Ring and then turn the volume down to make it all sounds bearable.
    12-07-2016 08:05 AM
    I used to use https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...x.simplevolume on my LG G4, worked great for that exact function.
    12-07-2016 12:45 PM
    AFAIK that's a feature unique to Samsung builds of Android, but it's not supported natively in pure Android. So if you've had Samsung Galaxy phones in the past, you are not going crazy. Not sure why google chooses not to support it natively.
    The default behavior for Nougat seems to be to link the Notifications, Ring and System volumes.

I would like to have be able to separate these, but haven't found an app that works successfully.

For example, I would like to always keep my system volume at "1" to minimize the clicks, pops and random noises while having notifications/ringtones at varying volumes.

I seem to recall being able to this in older versions of Android, but can't find a way to do it any longer.
    12-10-2016 07:17 AM