Haven't received the final 7.1.1 Software!

Leemo26

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm currently on the 7.1.1 Beta (Dev Preview 2) and I have not yet received the final 7.1.1 build. Can someone tell me why this is, and how I get it?

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
They haven't completed the rollout yet. I don't have it yet either. Sometimes takes a couple weeks.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
They haven't completed the rollout yet. I don't have it yet either. Sometimes takes a couple weeks.

Correct

UPDATE: Still haven't gotten it yet...

Only waited another 3 days? Maybe we're all conditioned by Microsoft making patches available to all on the same day, but this is the way Android updates have been FOREVER - all the way back to when people thought their location in the country made a difference (some still think this).

its now 12/15 i never got the 7.1.1 update should i call project fi up and complain ?

No, Fi has NOTHING to do with it. Fi won't give you bill credit because your phone didn't get updated within a week of the release...

darksome

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm not on Beta but I'm tempted to just join for the sake of getting the final release. I haven't received the OTA on Nexus 6P. . . whereas previously, I would receive it within a couple of days after the official announcement.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You could always read directions VERY carefully and just do the OTA flash from Google. I did that for the initial Nougat release on the 6P and might do it for 7.1, though not until later this week as my phone HAS to work on Thursday...

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Correct

Only waited another 3 days? Maybe we're all conditioned by Microsoft making patches available to all on the same day, but this is the way Android updates have been FOREVER - all the way back to when people thought their location in the country made a difference (some still think this).

No, Fi has NOTHING to do with it. Fi won't give you bill credit because your phone didn't get updated within a week of the release...

fi just put my service on hold cuz i didnt pay this month maybe thats why no update to 7.1.1 cuz i didnt pay ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781