Installed ExDialer to replace the stock Pixel dialer app (for obvious reasons). Problem is now every time I check my phone there's a "ExDialer is running" notification. Assuming I don't want to see that my phone app is actually running (I presume, given the Pixel is a phone, that the phone app is running), I want to eliminate seeing this message all the time. The choices, however, when I "tap for more information or to stop the app" are buttons to Uninstall, Force Stop, and Notifications (Block all, Show silently, On the lock screen, Override DND), and Phone App.

ExDialer is now my default phone app, but if I have it go silent won't that mean I won't get phone calls?

Little confused here.
    12-19-2016 12:06 PM
    It's just a guess, but maybe you need to get the Pro version to get rid of the notification? Common technique...
    12-19-2016 12:12 PM
    Have you tried to turn off notifications in the phone's Settings-Apps?
    12-19-2016 12:22 PM
    Have you tried to turn off notifications in the phone's Settings-Apps?
    I haven't, only because if I turn off notifications in the phone's settings I have a feeling I won't see/hear/feel the phone ring.
    12-19-2016 01:15 PM
    It's just a guess, but maybe you need to get the Pro version to get rid of the notification? Common technique...
    This might very well be standard practice for ExDialer, although this is kind of a crappy way to say "Hey we're good guys our app is user-friendly and non-invasive" -- but it's very possible.

I think I'm going to contact the dev to see if this is something they can clarify. I don't mind the notification but I can't imagine this being a regular thing on a paid app, even if the app is a $3 app.
    12-19-2016 01:18 PM
    Persistent notifications for always running apps are a feature in Android, intended to keep app developers honest and minimize unnecessarily battery drain.
    12-19-2016 08:26 PM
    Persistent notifications for always running apps are a feature in Android, intended to keep app developers honest and minimize unnecessarily battery drain.
    Understood, but in the ten plus years I've been using Android handsets/tabs, there's always a relatively easy fix of being able to dump notifications that are not welcome or excessive.
    12-20-2016 10:57 AM
    Hi!

Have you tried Preferences > Advanced > untick "Keep in memory"?

That solved the issue for me...
    08-19-2017 04:26 PM