Window Animation Speed

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just feel as though the smoothness of the is is shown through with the other settings, but you're also right.

It's to each his own I think. Whatever floats your boat. There's no right or wrong setting. I just happen to like apps popping open. I do the same thing on my laptop, I disable as many animations as possible.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's to each his own I think. Whatever floats your boat. There's no right or wrong setting. I just happen to like apps popping open. I do the same thing on my laptop, I disable as many animations as possible.
Haha that's also very true. For now, I have mine turned off completely. I was just wondering, that's all. Thanks everyone.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I went to Googe and got instructions on disabling animation on my Nexus 5x and it is quicker. But, I don't understand what the downside is. I'm not sure my Nexus 5x could be "smoother" since I'm not sure what that means. I looked at some YouTube videos and they were fine and everything else seemed to work well.

There is no free lunch so what is the downside?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I went to Googe and got instructions on disabling animation on my Nexus 5x and it is quicker. But, I don't understand what the downside is. I'm not sure my Nexus 5x could be "smoother" since I'm not sure what that means. I looked at some YouTube videos and they were fine and everything else seemed to work well.

There is no Down side it's really only the smoothness of the os. That's all.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I don't think there is a down side. It's just a matter of what looks better to you. Like I said I like stuff to pop open. Someone else may like a nice, smooth animation. At least we have a choice and can go with what we prefer.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is a down side. It's just a matter of what looks better to you. Like I said I like stuff to pop open. Someone else may like a nice, smooth animation. At least we have a choice and can go with what we prefer.
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more so

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't know what "smooth", "fluid", and "laggy" refer to. I always assumed "laggy" meant the time spent waiting for an app to run but apparently not. Thanks to the tip from you guys, my phone boots up a bit quicker, and tapping an app gets an absolutely instant response, My slowest loading app, Kindle, loads much faster than it ever has.

Thanks again

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't know what "smooth", "fluid", and "laggy" refer to. I always assumed "laggy" meant the time spent waiting for an app to run but apparently not. Thanks to the tip from you guys, my phone boots up a bit quicker, and tapping an app gets an absolutely instant response, My slowest loading app, Kindle, loads much faster than it ever has.

Thanks again
Absolutely, anytime. I also have all of my window animations turned off now, as well.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well that's cool that you guys were willing to try something different. Like I said it's nice that we have options and when we get tired of something we can try something new! Have a Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well that's cool that you guys were willing to try something different. Like I said it's nice we have options and when we get tired of something we can try something new! Have a Merry Christmas.
Absolutely, the beauty of Android always has been, and always will be options, and customization. No one could ever argue that. Trying small new things out sometimes isn't a bad thing.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
And with Android if you totally screw your phone you can do a factory reset and start all over again. Now if people would just learn you can't do a factory reset with your life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae